A great surprise was knowing the number of turtles in Cancun that come to lay their beaches. Nature continues to peek through the concrete to give us unique moments.
It seems incredible that see turtles in Cancun it is relatively easy. On the coast of Cancun, where the town is located Zona Hotelera, is still one of the places where more turtles They arrive to spawn in Riviera Maya.
Hundreds of turtles come to the beaches of Cancun each year to lay their eggs, a natural spectacle in one of the most constructed coastlines of the Mexican Caribbean.
What awaits you in the zona hotelera from Cancun
Content of the article
TURTLES IN CANCUN
See turtles in Cancun It is one of the most incredible activities that you can enjoy on these beautiful beaches. Sea turtles live in their natural habitat, but in the mating season they come to the beaches to lay their eggs. Three months later the turtles are born to return to the sea, one of their most vulnerable moments.
On the Cancun coast you can see the spawning, watching them hatch and releasing turtles into the sea. Do not miss it, it is a unique experience.
BEACHES WHERE TO SEE TURTLES IN CANCUN
On the stretch of coast from Punta Cancún to Punta Nizuc you may be surprised by a large turtle looking for its place to lay its eggs, usually at night. The beaches of Cancun where a record of sea turtles is kept and you can participate in the activities are:
- Dolphins Beach
- Marlin Beach
- Chac Mool Beach
Meet the Cancun beaches
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TURTLE RELEASE IN CANCUN
In rural areas of India, families in charge of a blind minor frequently isolate and deprive him/her of the care and attention they provide to their other children; such situation becomes even more severe among lower-caste families, orphans and if the blind child is a girl. named beaches the activities work in a very similar way. In the three beaches there are corrals for turtle eggs, this is where the people in charge of the sea turtle conservation project are usually.
- See turtles in Cancun during the day: from 9 in the morning those responsible arrive. Their task begins by checking if there are new turtle eggs on the beach, and if there are any they move them to the corral. Here they mark them with the spawning date. When turtles are born their task is to deposit them in a bucket until they are released that same night. It is the way to get around some of its predators like birds. Take part: If you approach one morning and see them doing their homework, it is easy to join them and participate as they tell you. move nests or help birth to the turtles. Hallucinatory!
- See turtles in cancun at night: If you walk at night the beaches of Cancun you can see how the turtles to spawn. It's a question of patience and luck, but the experience of seeing 100 and 120 spawn eggs to this colossal animal is captivating. During births, groups of volunteers are formed at night to release turtles. Take part: any night at the time of the turtle's birth, introduce yourself at the suggested beaches 10 minutes before the 20 hours to form a group and participate in the liberation. October is a good month to do it.
It is not a daily activity, times are marked by nature itself. The only way to participate is to try your luck by going to the beaches, in the morning or at night, depending on the activity you want to do. Participate in the Turtle activities in Cancun It has no cost, you just have to follow the rules of those responsible.
SEASON OF TURTLES IN CANCUN
- Sea turtle spawning season: From May to September they come to the beach to lay their eggs. The peak months of July and August.
- Sea turtle release season: July to November is the period of births. Mid September and October are good months for liberation.
As data even years more activity is recorded. In the years of 1998, 2000 and 2002, 580, 1.402 and 1.721 nests were recorded. The rise is not known to what is due, but hopefully it will remain many years. Only 2% of the turtles born they reach adulthood. If we know how to protect our environment, we will be able to take better care of ourselves.
SEA TURTLE NESTING SEASON REGULATION
In season turtle nesting There are a number of directions that you must follow. The artificial lights mislead the turtles that go out to lay their eggs, for this reason many become disoriented in urbanized areas.
Remember that no matter how many BBC or NatGeo documentaries you have watched, this does not make us experts, so follow the rules to protect what matters.
- 🔔Shut off the lights in your house that face the beach, except that it disorients them more.
- 🔔 Remove obstacles that may disturb your path, such as lounge chairs or lawn chairs.
- IIf you see them, NOT THE LIGHTS, DON'T HELP them they know what to do. DO NOT disturb them.
- 🔔DO NOT USE MOTOR VEHICLES on the beaches, it is permanently prohibited.
- ⚠ Sea turtles are protected species in danger of extinction, the manipulation, or possession of specimens or eggs is considered a crime.
Enjoy this natural show of the turtles very much. We can strike a balance between humans and nature, we can enjoy it without appropriating other living beings.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Finance your flight with a signal and the rest pay in comfortable installments before the departure date of the flight with Vuelify.
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.