The Cancun airport is one of the airports that move more passengers in the world. Many travelers arrive in these Mayan lands by plane. How do I go to my destination from here, is there public transportation, what does a taxi cost me?
El Cancun International Airport welcomes millions of travelers a year, many come from vacation to Riviera Maya in vacation package, but others arrive by free and without hired transport. The airport has 4 terminals connected by free transport between them.
Let's see what options there are and what are the Prices to move from the Cancun airport to your destination population.
Content of the article
ADO bus prices to Cancun airport
ADO PUBLIC TRANSPORT: the bus company ADO offers transfer services from the airport to Cancun, Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Jumpsuit y Mérida. They leave you at the terminal of the different towns. PRICES: a Cancun 88 mxn, to Puerto Morelos 124 mxn, a Playa del Carmen 208 mxn, to Tulum 266 mxn already Mérida 784 mxn (according to schedule) Timetable: the last one towards Cancun is at 22 hoursAs Puerto Morelos y Playa del Carmen at 23:30.
Prices taxi or shuttle from the airport to Cancun
TAXI OR SHUTTLE: Within the airport there are several companies that operate the Service authorized taxiI think there are only three, and they have the windows right after picking up the luggage. The rates are fixed and all handle the same prices. There is private taxi service and collective taxi.
- Private taxi price: 640 mxn per person to Cancun y 950 mxn per person to Playa del Carmen.
- Collective taxi price: 170 mxn per person to Cancun y 320 mxn per person to Playa del Carmen.
Si quieres BOOK transfer from the airport of Cancun I recommend this company that offers good services and prices. You will not have surprises, comfortable and safe. Vehicles up to 8 seats.
Other options to transfer from the Cancun airport:
- RENTAL CAR: There are several car rental companies at the airport. You can rent a car online before arriving in Cancun, an option that usually saves the rent. If your option is this, you may be interested in some tips for rent a car and the basics for driving through the Yucatan Peninsula.
- TAXIS PIRATES: As in most airports there are concessions with authorized companies inside the airport, and going abroad, other options await you. Outside the terminals, they offer you taxi service, in theory cheaper. To the center of Cancun they charge 100 pesos in collective, so you have a reference.
Distances to Riviera Maya from the Cancun airport:
- To populations of the Riviera Maya: el Cancun International Airport is about 13 kilometers away Cancun and its Zona Hotelera (20 minutes), to 30 km of Puerto Morelos (30 minutes), to 60 km of Playa del Carmen (1 hour) and 120 kilometers Jumpsuit (1 hour and a half).
- Other populations: Holbox to 170 kilometers (2 hours and a half), Valladolid 160 km (2 hours) and Mérida 315 km (4 hours).
I hope you serve the traveler information. If you go to Holbox from the airport there is a direct bus from ADO, in addition to several private companies that do the transport.
¿Where to sleep in Cancun? We give you our selection by zones and prices.
As an anecdote, here is the photo of the old control tower of the Cancun airport, which can be seen at the entrance to the city, where the airport used to be.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Finance your flight with a signal and the rest pay in comfortable installments before the departure date of the flight with Vuelify.
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.