Cancun beaches have the colors of a postcard: turquoise trapped under the blue of the sky framed in white sand. Beauty that caresses the soul, a destination full of light and blue. What beach are we going to?
I have been able to Enjoy the beaches in Cancun for years, an unparalleled air window in the more than 10 years that I have lived there. An escape to relax, swim, hang out with friends, surf and practice water sports or ride a relaxing plan. The Caribbean gives me peace, I enjoy it very much, so we know good places to show you.
The beaches of Cancun welcome many visitors in search of relaxing breaths, let's see how to go and which ones I should visit.
Hopefully our experience will serve you as locals for your trip, we live from the 2007 here
Content of the article
- THE PUBLIC BEACHES IN CANCÚN
- SOFT WAVE CANCUN BEACH ACCESS IN ZONA HOTELERA
- ACCESS BEACH CANCUN OF MODERATE SWELL STRONG IN ZONA HOTELERA
- TWO PUBLIC BEACHES IN CANCUN OUTSIDE ZONA HOTELERA
- TWO IMPERDIBLE BEACHES NEAR CANCUN
- WHERE TO PRACTICE AQUATIC SPORTS IN CANCUN BEACHES
- HOW TO GO TO THE BEACHES IN CANCÚN
- BY BUS BY ZONA HOTELERA FROM CANCUN
- IN TAXI BY ZONA HOTELERA FROM CANCUN
- BY CAR BY ZONA HOTELERA FROM CANCUN
- SEASON OF TURTLES IN CANCUN
- EXCURSIONS FROM CANCUN
THE PUBLIC BEACHES IN CANCÚN
Cancun has different public access beaches Where to enjoy the destination even if you are not in an all-inclusive hotel facing the sea. The zona hotelera from Cancun occupies the fCoastal ranja more beautiful facing the sea of about 24 kilometers. There are public accesses to the beaches, and all have services for the visitor.
At the beach you can go with your cooler (neverita) and bring food, BUT be polite and pick up the garbage that you generate. In Mexico we lack a lot of education in this area, and tourists, who are passing through, sometimes do not take care of the place as they should for neglect and also for lack of education. If you see someone throwing garbage, it's okay to tell them from respect, public space belongs to everyone, it's about improving between everyone.
You should know that you can walk the entire marine strip without anyone being able to prevent it despite passing in front of hotels and private residences. You can not lie down and occupy the hammock (bunk) in a hotel, but you can walk the entire coast to be federal property, of all, can not be privatized by law (we know about the deceitfulness of the laws, but that is our right) .
Something basic that you have to take into account at the time of choose beach in Cancun It is if you like a sea that is more open or more calm. The zona hotelera It has two marked coasts, where the currents and the sea are very different, that will be our division.
SOFT WAVE CANCUN BEACH ACCESS IN ZONA HOTELERA
In the first kilometers you find up 6 accesses to the public beach in this very soft swell, from Mar Plata, ideal to go with children. They are smaller beaches that fill up faster. Its location in front of Isla Mujeres protects them from the waves and the surf of the open sea, that's why its sea is calmer.
- LAS PERLAS BEACH: ideal beach to go with children through the small recreational park, its calm waters and the services of lounge chairs and palapa. It has public parking, without payment. It is at kilometer 2,5 of the zona hotelera. Las Perlas Beach
- BEAUTIFUL BEACH: It is the typical beach that was previously public access and now it is more difficult to access because the hotels occupied everything and put the elbows. But it can be accessed, although it is not the most optimal according to my assessment. It is at kilometer 4 of the zona hotelera, next to the Calinda bridge. You can look at the Beautiful beach
- PLAYA LANGOSTA: ideal beach for families and those who like tranquility and space, being a little larger than the rest in this area. It has public parking, without payment.It is in the 2,5 kilometer of the zona hotelera. It is at kilometer 5 of the zona hotelera. Playa Langosta
- PEZ FLYING BEACH: This beach is not indicated, the locals know it as Flying Fish. It is right in the return of the great flag on the 5,5 Km. There is no parking or services, but there is space to park if you go early. Flying Fish Beach
- PLAYA TORTUGA: From here you take the ferry to Isla Mujeres and on this stretch of beach there are good restaurants and bars of 2 × 1 margaritas, beers and whatever it takes. If you move away a little you find your corner where to install and enjoy the sea with the bars nearby in case something seems like it. It is at kilometer 6,5 of the zona hotelera.
- PLAYA CARACOL: It resembles Playa Tortuga because it has access to the ferry to Isla Mujeres and services of bars and restaurants very close, such as Plaza Caracol shopping center. The beach almost disappeared, but it is a good access to see the sea and go for a walk. Not indicated, there is an Xcaret booth. It is at kilometer 85 of the zona hotelera. Caracol Beach
ACCESS BEACH CANCUN OF MODERATE SWELL STRONG IN ZONA HOTELERA
- GAVIOTA BEACH: the waves here are moderate, it has no services but it is close to all the sarao and the city of Cancun, near the most central square where we find the Coco Bongo. It does not have its own parking or services, but on the waterfront there are restaurants and they offer lounge chairs. It is at kilometer 9,5 of the zona hotelera.
- CHAC MOOL BEACH: a wide and beautiful beach with hotels on the beach and the most fun waves. They offer sunshade rental services and hammocks, usually football matches are mounted taking advantage of the width of the beach. Oh, and here they come to spawn the turtles, this is a cool one. It is at kilometer 10 of the zona hotelera. Cach Mool Beach
- PLAYA MARLIN: a few kilometers from Chac Mool beach, it is a beach similar in characteristics. Very close to the Kukulcán shopping center. If the landscape varies it is more because of the environment of hotels facing the sea than by the sea. Here turtles also come every year to spawn, in fact over this entire strip. It is at kilometer 13 of the zona hotelera. Marlin Beach
- BEACH BALLENAS: the only beach that I have not been to in Cancun, but for photos and location I know it's like the rest, so you'll see surfers taking advantage of the fun swell that is given by this area of the Caribbean Sea. There is a sign, but small so you have a quick time, look attentive. It is at kilometer 14 of the zona hotelera, as a reference the Meridien hotel.
- PLAYA DELFINES: the beach where we find the famous viewpoint and the colorful letters of Cancun, where turtles also arrive and there are hatcheries in season. Almost in front of the archaeological zone El Rey. There is public parking, but it fills up fast, like everyone else in the area. It is at kilometer 18 of the zona hotelera. Dolphins Beach
DOS PUBLIC BEACHES IN CANCUN OUTSIDE ZONA HOTELERA
- NIZUC BEACH: I could not stop recommending this beach where there is access to pets, a space for us to take advantage of the precious sea, so difficult to enjoy with our dogs. It is at kilometer 27 of the zona hotelera. Nizuc Beach
- PLAYA DEL NIÑO: The most local beach with a Mexican atmosphere is in the fishing district of Puerto Juárez. A place where we live 3 years, and we take advantage of the sea like never before. If you like authentic local places, stop by this beach, near the Isla Mujeres ferry. Beach Children
DOS IMPERDIBLE BEACHES NEAR CANCUN
- NORTH BEACH IN ISLA MUJERES: It is the beach par excellence in the area of Cancun, a beach that has emerged on several lists of the best in the world. Its crystal clear waters and gentle waves make it a natural pool. You have all the services on this beach. North Beach
- WHITE ISLAND: It is the northern tip of Cancun, a stretch of wild beaches that has been gaining shape for those who practice water sports such as windsurfing to those who love nature. A getaway that is worth it. White Island
WHERE TO PRACTICE AQUATIC SPORTS IN CANCUN BEACHES
It is much simpler than you can imagine practicing water sports on the beaches of Cancun. You are in one of the mecca of sun and beach tourism, here there is everything for the tourist. Whether in your own hotel, on the street, on the same beach, there are hundreds of information points and sale of activities throughout the area, whatever you want you ask.
We have just seen that there are two distinct zones of gentle waves and moderate or strong waves. These two areas that favor one or the other sports, for example, kayaking or windsurfing are located in the area of gentle waves. There is also the Laguna Nichupté, where water sports are practiced such as paddle board, kayak, wake, boat rides.
Whatever you want, Cancun offers almost every imaginable service on this topic, for beginners and professionals. Enjoy traveler 🙂
HOW TO GO TO THE BEACHES IN CANCÚN
Cancun city and the zona hotelera they are well connected. The zona hotelera Only a two-lane road runs in each direction, that simple. From this road of 27 kilometers with a comfortable entrance from the airport and departure to the city of Cancun. La zona hotelera It is communicated by urban transport with 3 buses: the 1 route, the 2 and the 27. PRICE OF THE URBAN TICKET: 12 pesos per passenger, children pay from I do not know what age (this information I owe you). There is a stop every kilometer or less, they are followed. The driver helps you if you don't know where to get off.
BY BUS BY ZONA HOTELERA FROM CANCUN
- The R-1 connect with zona hotelera from Cancun with Puerto Juarez, neighborhood from where the ferry leaves to Isla Mujeres. It is the neighborhood of Playa del Niño and good restaurants to eat seafood and fish, such as the restaurant La Mar Bella.
- The R-2 connect with zona hotelera of Cancun with the 28 market, souvenir shopping area in Cancun, where you find everything and something cheaper than in zona hotelera. It is also close to the supermarket Wall Mart, American chain, where some take advantage to buy.
- The R-27 connects zona hotelera of Cancun with the Plaza de las Américas, a shopping center in Cancun where you can find services such as buying ADO tickets (local bus company), tickets to theme parks and excursions, exchange offices and phone cards, ATMs. A useful and practical shopping center if you need anything for your trip. There are some VIP cinemas that are an enjoyment to watch movies.
IN TAXI BY ZONA HOTELERA FROM CANCUN
Taxi drivers in Cancun charge per tranche and rates are regulated. So the zona hotelera It is divided by sections, further more, more routes you pay more. Taxi drivers should take them in the vehicle with the rates in case you want to order them. I will guide you with the prices to make travel safer. To Las Perlas beach a taxi should cost from Cancun downtown on the 150 pesos, to 200 pesos lobster beach, 230 Chac Mool beach and if you were to Delfines beach on the 290 pesos. 4 people enter each unit, the money is per unit.
BY CAR BY ZONA HOTELERA FROM CANCUN
The road that runs through zona hotelera, Boulevard de Kukulcán, has two lanes per address. There are good indications, unfortunately sometimes there is a hole in the pavement. If you go in your own car just remember to come early because the beaches with parking are full, to the 10 and take a Sunday on beaches like Pez Volador or Chac Mool, smaller parking.
SEASON OF TURTLES IN CANCUN
Cancun is one of the maritime fronts where more turtles arrive to spawn, in spite of all the physical obstacles that they have in this so constructed area. For me it was a big surprise about the turtles in Cancun, something you can not miss if you travel during the spawning season. I link the information about the turtles.
When to release and watch spawn turtles in Cancun
EXCURSIONS FROM CANCUN
If you are looking for excursions in the area I leave the options of GUET YOUR GUIDE an agency that sells through the internet: they have good proposals like the best-selling catamaran tour to Isla Mujeres o the tour by speedboat through the lagoon.
If you are going to spend several days in Cancun, you may want to see the wide offer they have of excursions. The good thing about buying with them is that they allow you to cancel up to 24 hours and schedule your vacations without losing time when you are here visiting agencies. Any questions I will be happy to support you, I have visited most places and I have done many of the excursions. The good thing is that you have a good time and choose to your liking.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Finance your flight with a signal and the rest pay in comfortable installments before the departure date of the flight with Vuelify.
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, towers and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.