Most large cities have a large park that we usually call the green lung of the place. In Cancun, this lung is the Kabah Urban Park.
When you talk to natives of Cancun, you are shocked by the stories of the cemented jungle where toucans, armadillos and coatis lived until recently, some have even told me that they heard the roar of jaguars.
These stories are from 30 years ago, Cancun it's a young city, the cement makes quickly forget the devoured spaces.
Get to known what to do in Cancun
Most of the large metropolises conserve a large extension of green area, a space of what was, places that ironically bring us closer to nature, where we find calm to enjoy walks, read a book, ride a bike, chat with a friend, do sports activities.
This is how we know the Madrid Retreat, Central Park in New York or Hyde Park in London. In Cancun we have the Urban park Kabah.
El Urban Park Kabah It is a Protected Natural Area since 1995, 41 hectares of protected flora and fauna. Many citizens of Cancun, of almost 1 million inhabitants, take advantage of this green place to get off the asphalt in the same city.
What to do in the Kabah Urban Park?
- Sports circuit: the earthy paths of the park are marked with the meters that you are going through. There are more than 2 miles marked. There are also areas equipped with gym equipment.
- Activities and workshops: especially on weekends workshops for children are held. There are other activities in the park of voluntary donation like yoga of laughter ... whenever I see them I want to sign up, to see if I try it next time.
- Museum of Casa Maya: you can enjoy the history of Cancun with curious images of its construction. The workshops are held in this space.
- Mayan chiclero and solar camp: two recreated spaces of a chiclero camp and a traditional Mayan house and its patio. Two interesting visits to get closer to the history of Cancun.
- The Aguada: natural area where turtles, lizards, coatis coexist ... part of the fauna that you can appreciate in Kabah Park. Birds are other protagonists in this green lung that serves as a haven of peace for living beings, including us humans.
The city of Cancun It has many small parks between buildings where neighbors gather. The Urban Park Kabah It is the patio of all the citizens of Cancun. In spite of not being a large park in the extension of roads, it is a good getaway in the city.
Many thanks to my friend Clau for her photos and for learning by her side.
Urban Park Kabah, Cancún
- Location: Kabah Urban Park it is located between Kabah Avenue and Nichupté Avenue. There are 2 entrances, one entrance on each avenue, both with parking.
- Opening hours: from 6 to 18 hours every day.
- Rules: Follow the Park's codes of conduct, such as not littering, not entering with pets or feeding animals. You have the codes of conduct at the entrances.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.