A tour of Mayan experiences with the final icing on a delicious refreshing bath in the cenote chichikán It is the interesting proposal of the Parador Turístico Chichikán. Cenote Chichikán joins the magnificent offer of cenotes in the surroundings of beautiful Valladolid.
The surroundings of Valladolid grow over the years in services for tourists. He Chichikán tourist hostel expands the offer in the surroundings of the beautiful city of Valladolid with a different offer from the other cenotes in the area. Chichikán cenote and experiences It goes one step further and offers a product that until now did not exist in Valladolid. This only makes the tourist offer for visitors in Yucatan grow.
El cenote chichikán is within the Chichikán Tourist Parador, where they offer a circuit full of experiences that takes you to travel through ancient Mayan times to a bath in the underworld.
Content of the article
- HOW TO GET TO THE PARADOR TURÍSTICO CHICHIKÁN
- 5 EXPERIENCES IN THE PARADOR TURÍSTICO CHICHIKÁN
- 1-RECEPTION AND BODY PAINTS
- 2-MAYAN VILLAGE: FLAVORS AND TRADITIONS OF ANCIENT MAYA
- 3-GAME OF BALL
- 4-MAYAN DANCERS
- 5-UNDERWORLD IN CENOTE CHICHIKÁN
- SERVICES OF THE PARADOR TURÍSTICO CHICHIKÁN
- CHICHIKÁN TOURIST PARADOR PRICES
- TIMETABLE CENOTE CHICHIKÁN AND CONTACT
- CENOTE CHICHIKAN
- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CENOTE CHICHIKAN
- CENOTES VALLADOLID MAP
HOW TO GET TO THE PARADOR TURÍSTICO CHICHIKÁN
The Tourist Parador of cenote chichikán It is located just 7 kilometers from the beautiful city of Valladolid. Take the north exit towards Tizimín-Ek Balam-Río Lagartos and just crossing the toll road you will see the signs.
HOW TO GET THERE BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT? The easiest thing is to go by taxi from Valladolid, because the buses to Tizimin or Ek Balam that pass through there leave you on the road and you have to walk almost 2 kilometers to the entrance to the cenote.
Our recommendation for travelers is to stay a few days in Valladolid. The same city and surroundings are endless good reasons to fall in love with Yucatan. We leave you a guide to Valladolid to encourage you to get to know it calmly.
Get to known Valladolid and its surroundings to enjoy this land to the fullest
5 EXPERIENCES IN THE PARADOR TURÍSTICO CHICHIKÁN
El Parador Turístico Experiences and cenote Chichikán They offer a different product in Yucatan. A tour of different Mayan themes takes you on a journey through cultural history from the ancient times of the Mayans to the end of the journey, which is none other than bathing in the cenote chichikán.
Each group walks the parador in a personalized way with the help of a guide who narrates and introduces you to history and culture. From the reception at the entrance to the underworld you go with your group. Same in the cenote chichikán where you have time to recreate privately. This allows you to have a personalized experience only with your people, something that can be very attractive to visitors.
We are going to discover part of the experiences that await you in the Chichikán Tourist Parador. There are several points but we are going to discover the most significant ones. Each of them is a taste of a cultural theme.
1-RECEPTION AND PAINTINGS CORPORAL
After passing through a large Mayan arch where we are received, we reached the corner of the paintings. Here they offer us if we want to decorate our skin to put ourselves in a situation with the experiences that await us. A tunnel and the sound of shells accompany us to the next point, the Mayan village.
2-MAYAN VILLAGE: FLAVORS AND TRADITIONS OF ANCIENT MAYA
In the Mayan village you will enjoy various experiences. A representation of a Mayan village with the traditional house and different instruments will place you in an environment where you will learn about different traditions such as corn, cocoa, honey, weaving hammocks, chicle and xtabentun, an alcoholic drink made since ancient times. .
You can participate by grinding cocoa or corn, weaving hammocks, tasting the chiclé or the xtabentun drink. People speak to you in Mayan and your guide translates the explanations. It is a way to delight yourself with this precious language, in addition to learning the odd word. Ask and participate what you want, the guides and staff serve you in a divine way.
3-GAME OF BALL
Never felt like trying the ball game on your own? After a short demonstration you will be able to enter the court and test your skills. The ball is made of rubber and weighs 3 kilos, so the feeling is completely similar to that of ancient Mayan.
You will rarely have the opportunity to play ball as they offer in the Chichikán cenote. Don't let her pass 😊
A small theater awaits you to enjoy a captivating dance, good show. Here you are transported back in time seeing dancers dressed in ancient Mayan costumes. Music, copal and clothing in accordance with the assumptions of ancient times lead you to some very cool moments.
The closeness and intimacy that the place offers makes it more interesting.
5-UNDERWORLD IN CENOTE CHICHIKÁN
At the end of the tour, the Mayan underworld, the Chichikán cenote, awaits you metaphorically. 90 steps descend to this beautiful open-air cenote where you have time to bathe and enjoy.
I highly recommend the bath after the tour because it changes the experience. You come out of the cenotes as new, regenerated with energy. And also cool, something important in our hot Yucatan.
SERVICES OF THE PARADOR TURÍSTICO CHICHIKÁN
Chichikan Tourist Parador It is managed from the love and motivation of offering something different that tourism likes and that take a beautiful memory of this land. The facilities and services are on par with those of the Xcaret Group for putting it on one level. The paths that lead you through the route, gardens, the non-intrusive empowerment with the nature of the cenote and the good work of all the staff of Chichikán is excellent.
The place is presented in a remarkable way both in facilities and staff. It should be noted that they have all the security measures and protocols for the covid-19 issue. They have made an effort to fully adapt to caring for visitors, and they follow the rules of sound practice to perfection.
CHICHIKÁN TOURIST PARADOR PRICES
They offer 3 packages of services for the visitor.
- MAYAN TOUR: you will be able to enjoy all the activities of the tour that we have discussed. From the experiences of cocoa, corn, honey, Mayan liquor, chewing gum, ball game, show. All accompanied by a guide and his explanations. DURATION: 1 hour PRICE: 360 pesos
- MAYAN TOUR + CENOTE: the experiences of the Mayan route plus the bath in the cenote and the explanation of the place. The vest is included. PRICE: 420 pesos
- MAYAN TRAVEL + CENOTE + FOOD: this package is added for a little more regional food with the drink of the day. DURATION: about 1 hour 45 minutes PRICE: 480 pesos
TIMETABLE CENOTE CHICHIKÁN AND CONTACT
They open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day. Contact phone: 999 351 3524 For reservations call 985 105 0332 Make sure you have an hour to do the tour with your group 😉
The visit to the Parador Turístico was mainly due to our unlimited curiosity about cenotes, a love that has no end. Cenote Chichikán is a beautiful open sky cenote that captivates just peek out. Its enormous diameter of straight walls and the flora that dress it are an incredible natural spectacle.
The best moment of the tour for us who love these natural spaces, was being under the domes of the trees that close the opening to the open sky. Letting yourself float under those trees is a mandatory prescription treatment, we loved it.
Before entering the cenote it is mandatory to go through the shower. The showers are for saving water, another detail that we liked.
If you are a follower of the blog you will know that personally we are not very fond of parks, we each have different tastes. Just as others do not like rustic cenotes due to a lack of services and facilities, each tourist looks for their style of fun and the place is very popular, just like Xcaret, Xenotes or other parks. They are places that are designed for tourism to have a good time, have fun and leave with a notion of Mayan culture. It is not a place to lecture on Mayan culture, it is a place to have a good time, enjoy nature and get a taste of the Mayan world.
From the blog we report the wide range of tourism. And in this sense, what we can say about the Parador Turístico Experiences and Chichikán cenote is that from the cleaning staff to the manager and owner of the place they make you feel at home. My most sincere congratulations on this project.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CENOTE CHICHIKAN
- WEAR A VISOR: if you go to the cenotes always wear a mask or visor to see underwater, I assure you that it gives you a different and beautiful view of the cenotes. If you have a water lamp, I recommend that you take it.
- COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR: access to the cenotes is very varied: dirt roads, sometimes slippery stairs, some enter the water stepping on stone. Go with a closed shoe that fits, if it can get wet better.
- INSECT REPELLENT: if you are going to stay in the cenote, bring biodegradable repellent, use it after bathing.
- GO THROUGH THE SHOWER / SHOWER: a good shower before entering the cenotes is essential to avoid contaminating them with chemicals from our body, such as creams, deodorants, soaps, even our sweat.
- THE SWIMSUIT: of course to the swimsuit, and also a towel or sarong to dry you, if not as iguana in the sun. Like a change of clothes to change as you schedule the day.
- RESPECT THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT: do not hang from the roots of the trees, do not scratch the walls, do not touch the stalactites or do any other idiocy that damages the place. Collect all your garbage, do not eat or drink in the cenotes, do not touch or subtract flora or fauna.
CENOTES VALLADOLID MAP
To make it easier for you to choose which cenotes to see in the area, we leave you our map of the Valladolid cenotes. It is a magnificent area to enjoy the cenotes, one of the best in Yucatan 💙
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.