In the historical center of Mérida there are several free visits that you can enjoy. One of them is the building of the Municipal Palace, seat of the current city hall of Mérida, located in one of the streets that overlook the Plaza Grande.
Surely the city Hall It is the most tasteless visit you can do in the mere Plaza Grande de Mérida. But it does not stop having its surprises and good corners, such as the backyard, the attractive views from the porch and a lobby hall.
Enjoy 5 free visits Mérida
Municipal Palace of Merida
The pink building that we see today, was built in the year 1734, going through several reforms that have been changing it consistently. One of the most remarkable is in the year 1871 when the first Mérida watch is placed. The municipal offices used to be close to the Government Palace, another of the government buildings to visit.
Once you climb the stairs you can visit on the second floor the council room, and above all, go out to the portico to enjoy the views of the Plaza Grande. It is one of the good reasons to climb some stairs, the palatial views from the pretty portico.
Municipal Palace Hours
At the back of the building, going down the stairs again, you arrive at a hidden patio, in those corners where you feel like reading, in what is known as Plaza de los potas. I hope you enjoy your visit.
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday from 8 to 20h. Saturdays from 9 to 13h.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Finance your flight with a signal and the rest pay in comfortable installments before the departure date of the flight with Vuelify.
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.