The Government Palace of Mérida is an interesting visit in this Yucatecan city. Like other state palaces open their doors to the public for free, so it's a good opportunity to surprise you.
In one of the streets that frames the Plaza Grande of Merida We see this beautiful green building with the flag of the Republic proudly waving. The Government Palace It is one of the government buildings that can be visited, and it is worth it.
Meet the 5 free visits in Mérida in the Plaza Grande
Government Palace of Merida
The old building that occupied the site of the current Government Palace, were the headquarters of the real houses, from where the rulers captained and had their dependencies.
The original building was demolished at the end of the 19th century to build the current one, a neoclassical building that respected the initial structure: two floors and an inner courtyard. The 15 of September of 1892 was inaugurated.
Once you pass the main entrance of the building flanked by two agents, you enter the inner courtyard, where some of the current government offices are installed. Majestic steps lead you to the upper floor, where the most interesting visit begins.
On this floor are the murals of Fernando Castro Pacheco, an interesting journey through the history of Yucatan through his paintings. Both the galleries and the auditorium host the magnificent murals of the artist.
Government Palace Hours of Merida
Enjoy the place, art and the interesting views of the Plaza Grande. Sure you leave with a good taste in your mouth.
SCHEDULE: open diary from 8 to 21: 30h.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Finance your flight with a signal and the rest pay in comfortable installments before the departure date of the flight with Vuelify.
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.