Full information of the nights of Kukulkan. At the beginning of the 2019 the news came out that on Sundays the light and sound show of Kukulkán was free for both nationals and foreigners in the archeological zone of Chichén Itzá. It is not like this.
The news that has been published in the press hides information that confuses many of the visitors. Just in the year that the prices of CULTUR in Chichen Itza double for foreigners, there seems to be a campaign orchestrated with "FREE" hooks. I wish there was more information and not the propaganda to which we are accustomed.
On Sundays if you pay, it's cheaper, but you pay.
Let's see what the light and sound show of Chichén Itzá consists of, known as Nights of Kukulkan, and the prices of it.
Content of the article
Nights of KukulKán in Chichen Itza
The nights of Kukulkan is the light and sound show that takes place in Chichén Itzá, one of the most outstanding shows in the Yucatan Peninsula.
What the Chichén Itzá light and sound show offers
It consists of a tour of 45 minutes by the main archaeological structures of the enclosure illuminated, very nice. And of 25 minutes of a projection of light and sound over the Kukulkan temple. This show you see sitting in chairs that put for the spectators, more or less tickets for 400 people.
Schedules of Kukulkan nights
There are two schedules during the year: summer and winter.
- Summer time at 20 hours (It starts on the first Sunday of April until the first Saturday of October). Summer box office schedule: from 18: 00 to 20.00.
- winter schedule at 19 (from the first Sunday of October to the first Saturday of April). Winter ticket office schedule: from 17: 30 to 19: 30.
On Mondays there is no show
- Summer time to enter: entry for the night tour from 20 to 20: 30. The light and sound show is from 20: 45 to 21 hours.
- Winter time to enter: entry for the night tour from 19 to 19: 30. The light and sound show is from 19: 45 to 20 hours.
Tips: If you are going to buy tickets at the box office, I recommend you
half an hour before admission for the tour. On Sundays about three quarters before the beginning of the trip.
Where to buy tickets for Chichen Itza show
- Through the internet in the official website of Kukulkan Night
- Directly at the ticket office at the entrance to Chichen Itza
- You can go on tours from Riviera Maya as the link
If there are cancellations due to rain or other unforeseen events and you bought your ticket at the ticket office, your money will be returned once. If you did it over the internet, it is returned to you, but not that day. On their website they explain it before buying the entrance ticket.
Prices tickets of the Nights of Kukulcán
There are two payments, a federal one that is made to INAH and another is the state payment of CULTUR. Payment INAH are 255 Mexican pesos, payment CULTUR 255 pesos. TOTAL 510 weights for all audiences (domestic and foreign). Sundays are 255 pesos, INAH is not paid. Parking lot 80 pesos per car.
On Sundays the total price is 255 pesos. Rest of days 510 pesos
Children pay as an adult starting at 3 for a year and a half.
Recommendations for the Chichén Itzá show
- You can take pictures and video, you can not use the flash
- Wear mosquito repellent
- Closed footwear to walk through the most comfortable enclosure and to protect you from possible insects
- You can take a small bottle of water
Sometimes you ask me those who are going for free if it is dangerous to return to Cancun or Mérida on the toll road (the payment road). The answer is that it is a safe road, at night too. It is well paved, illuminated and marked, and there are no incidents to highlight.
Meet the 5 Mexico pyramids most impressive mayans
If you have any questions we will be happy to support you in the comments.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Finance your flight with a signal and the rest pay in comfortable installments before the departure date of the flight with Vuelify.
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.