Isla Mujeres is one of the most precious destinations in the Mexican Caribbean. To cross to Isla Mujeres you must take a ferry from Cancun. What does the ferry cost, where does it go, how to go, schedules, tours to Isla Mujeres?
Isla Mujeres It has an extension of about 8 kilometers in length and 1 in width, ideal for touring its most beautiful corners in golf cart, motorcycle or bike. There are many rental companies on the island, in the area where the ferries land.
Content of the article
- WHERE IS ISLA MUJERES LOCATED?
- TRAJECT IN FERRY TO ISLA MUJERES:
- WHERE DO I TAKE THE FERRY TO ISLA MUJERES ?:
- TERMINALS IN PUERTO JUÁREZ TO CROSS TO ISLA MUJERES:
- TERMINALS ZONA HOTELERA TO CROSS ISLA MUJERES:
- PARKING AT THE TERMINALS:
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION UNTIL FERRY TERMINALS:
- TRANSPORTATION TO THE RETURN OF ISLA MUJERES:
- TOURS TO ISLA MUJERES:
- WHERE TO SLEEP IN ISLA MUJERES:
WHERE IS ISLA MUJERES LOCATED?
Isla Mujeres It is located a few kilometers from Cancun, a beautiful island that has managed to accommodate the needs of tourism, one of the most charismatic corners of the Mexican Caribbean. It is very easy to visit it on your own or on a tourist excursion.
The most striking corners of Isla Mujeres are North Beach, Tiburón Beach, Punta Sur and Garrafón where you can arrive by land. To the Park Musa (Underwater Museum of Art), and other reefs can only be reached by boat.
It is one of the most requested destinations in the Mexican Caribbean, an island with a lot of charm: relax, good beaches and nightlife.
TRAJECT IN FERRY TO ISLA MUJERES:
On the ferry ride from Cancun a Isla Mujeres you find one of the stripes Turquoise most incredible of the Caribbean, a blue that is entangled in you to not leave you. I tell friends that the journey to Isla Mujeres is worth it.
DURATION OF THE TRAJECT AND SCHEDULES: the journey of 20 minutes that links Cancun with Isla Mujeres has ample timetables, leaving before the 7 in the morning and returning the last ferry around the 12 of the night.
TYPES OF TICKET: easy trip (one way) or round (round trip). There are usually no discounts if you buy back and forth.
WHERE DO I TAKE THE FERRY TO ISLA MUJERES ?:
Ferries to Isla Mujeres leave from the Zona Hotelera from Cancun and Puerto Juarez, Cancun. If you are not staying in Zona Hotelera of Cancun, the most economical thing is to leave from the docks of Puerto Juarez.
To pass the car you must go to Punta Sam terminal
TERMINALS IN PUERTO JUÁREZ TO CROSS TO ISLA MUJERES:
- ULTRAMAR TERMINAL: It is the most comfortable company in services and schedules. Ferries leave almost every half hour, TICKET PRICE: 300 mxn round trip (round trip), simple 160 pesos. 146 pesos for Quintana Roo with official identification. Children from 0 to 12 months do not pay. From 12 months to 1,20 height cm pay 130 single weights, and 250 the round one. 15 years and older adult rate. PAYMENT TYPE: You can pay in pesos, dollars or with a card. Check the schedules and prices on its official website
- PUNTA SAM TERMINAL: It is used to carry heavy loads, like cars. Currently, they only transport a car with the driver, not people. It takes 1 approximate time the trip, plus the rise of the vehicle to the ferry. TICKET PRICE: that cars conventional 300 weights per way. Check prices and schedules on your website.
- PUERTO JUÁREZ MARITIME TERMINAL: this terminal is 400 meters from Ultramar, there are two companies operating. One is Naveganto and another smaller company that leaves from the same terminal. TICKET PRICE: 265 mxn round trip (round trip), one way only 140 mxn. Discounts for Quintana Roo with official identification. You can look at his web for schedules. A reader told us the prices of the other company: 120 normal price, if you are from the Peninsula (Campeche, Yucatan, Q.Roo) is in 76 pesos the round.
TERMINALS ZONA HOTELERA TO CROSS ISLA MUJERES:
All of the Overseas company. They share almost the same schedules, prices and services. TICKET PRICE:19 usd round trip (round trip).
From zona hotelera you get some 60 pesos more expensive than from Puerto Juarez the overseas ferry
Quintanarroenses with official identification have a discount. Children from 0 to 12 months do not pay. From 12 months to 1,20 cm in height, they pay half. 15 years and older adult rate.
PARKING AT THE TERMINALS:
- PUERTO JUÁREZ: There are many private parking in the area they charge 100 mxn for leaving the car all day. The Overseas parking It is somewhat more expensive. There are people who park it on the street.
- ZONA HOTELERA: There are public parking lots, but they fill up fast. If you go in your own car it is more convenient to go to Puerto Juarez.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION UNTIL FERRY TERMINALS:
- UNTIL THE TERMINALS OF ZONA HOTELERA: from Cancun there is 3 trucks (buses) that go to zona hotelera: the 1 route, the 2 route and the 27 route. They have continuous stops along the route, very practical. The driver helps you with your stop. From Playa del Carmen or Puerto Morelos, you arrive at the ADO terminal or collective transport to the Oasis Smart hotel, and ask to go to zona hotelera. You can go in taxi, rates are regulated.
- UNTIL THE PUERTO JUÁREZ TERMINALS: el truck (the bus) of the 1 route It takes you straight to the ferry terminals of Puerto Juarez. The collective direct to Puerto Juarez from Cancun depart from Crucero, center of several transport terminals (10 per trip). You can take a taxi, which will charge you around 60 mxn from Cancun.
If you are not staying in the Zona Hotelera from Cancun, the cheapest option is to go from Puerto Juarez. Of the Zona Hotelera from Cancun to the ferry terminals of Puerto Juarez you can go in public transport with the 1 route, which runs along the Kukulcán boulevard zona hotelera and it leaves you a few meters from the terminals.
A North beach You can walk from the terminals in Isla Mujeres, about 600 meters
TRANSPORTATION TO THE RETURN OF ISLA MUJERES:
In front of the ferry terminals there are:
- stops collective It takes you to the center of Cancun and the ADO (for 10 mxn per person).
- taxis: in stop they charge more than 50 mxn, if you take it in the street, it is cheaper.
- bus of the R-1 (14 mxn) that takes you to the center, Zona Hotelera and the ADO of Cancun.
The R-1 bus is the least frequent, taxis and buses are many. The bus must take it a few meters from the ferry, it is not right in front of the exit.
TOURS TO ISLA MUJERES:
There are different ways of visiting Isla Mujeres, each one of us has our way of traveling, so I explain it to you so that you can choose yours.
- FOR FREE: As we have explained in this article, you can cross and go free to Isla Mujeres, but there are other excursions that may better offer you what you are looking for.
- TOURS WITH COOPERATIVES: In the vicinity of the terminals of Puerto Juarez you will see staff dressed in colorful t-shirts (T-shirts) selling tours. most of excursions they move them fishermen's cooperatives, and the differences in prices, services and points to visit on the island are similar. These tours give you the option to go from Puerto Juarez to Isla Mujeres by boat and visit the most interesting points of the island in tour, including snorkeling and the visit for free the town. The price of the excursion by boat It's about the 500 mxn per person.
- ON EXCURSION FROM YOUR HOTEL: Many choose the convenience of buying a tour where they pick you up at your hotel and take you to Isla Mujeres touring the points of interest. There are different tours to Isla Mujeres that may interest you. Tours like the swim with the whale shark when it is time, from mid June to mid September. If you are interested in booking a tour I leave you the Civitatis company that offers good services in Spanish: you can buy directly with them from the blog.
WHERE TO SLEEP IN ISLA MUJERES:
There are two quite different areas in Isla Mujeres: the town if you want to be within reach of all the services or in a more remote accommodation looking for tranquility.
For those who want the convenience of walking to North Beach and enjoy the nightlife, I recommend you the hotels in the center of the island, where the ferry arrives. If you are going to disconnect there hotels and houses in the southern tip of the island that offer you more tranquility.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Finance your flight with a signal and the rest pay in comfortable installments before the departure date of the flight with Vuelify.
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.