Swim with turtles in Akumal, archaeological zone of Tulum and Yal-kú cove in Akumal Bay, on excursion or free? The best information to travel in Riviera Maya.
Water excursion that in a few kilometers allows you to know the archaeological zone of Tulum, enjoy the Caribbean bathing with turtles in its natural space and surprise you in Yal-kú cove. A simple excursion from Riviera Maya that you can do by car or by public transport. You will enjoy the aquatic ones.
Content of the article
Excursion by car to Tulum, swim with turtles in Akumal and Yalkú creek:
Proposal so that you know by free in rental car the archaeological zone of Jumpsuit, bathe with turtles in Akumal and swim in the pretty caleta Yal-kú, a very aquatic combo. The distances by car are short between places to visit so it is a relaxing day where you take your time for activities.
Places to visit: Tulum-Akumal-YalKú:
- TULUM ARCHAEOLOGICAL AREA: It has an enviable location on the shores of the Caribbean Sea, here you have an unforgettable postcard. Tulum has a special charm, the air of a refined city. The first settlers arrived in Tulum and were surrendered to the beauty of this Mayan city. Many take advantage of the visit to bathe in the beautiful beach within the archaeological site.
- AKUMAL BAY It's the Riviera Maya beaches most beautiful. Half moon cove, white sand, palm trees, turquoise sea ... and you can also bathe with turtles, who gives more? A tremendous opportunity to swim with them in a natural space. This activity can be done with a guide or without a guide, you decide. Of course, remember to take your mask or rent one in Akumal.
- CALETA YALKÚ: along the Riviera Maya coast we find different landscapes such as Yal-kú: fresh water making its way to the sea, artistically eroding limestone. Here the fresh and salt waters come together, in an amazing ecosystem to discover swimming.
What road to take from Riviera Maya?
- Section from your hotel to Tulum: la federal highway 307 It is the one that travels the Riviera Maya. The all-inclusive hotels are located on this road. Leaving your hotel by car you must go address Tulum. The entrance to the archaeological zone is well signposted. Duration: about 30 minutes. 60 kilometers
- Section from Tulum to Akumal: Only 20 kilometers away is Tulum de Akumal, well signposted the main entrance to the beach. Duration: 15 minutes. 20 kilometers
- Section from Akumal to caleta Yalkú: the cove is in Akumal, 3 km from the entrance to the beach. Duration: in 10 minutes you are, you have to 3 kilometers.
- Section from caleta Yalku (Akumal) to your hotel: come back again for the federal 307 but also your hotel. Duration: less than one hour back.
Hours and cost of places to visit:
Jumpsuit open daily 8 to 17 hours, daily. The best time to visit because of the heat and the least number of tourists is to enter the 8. Jumpsuit has a price of 59 mxn. On Sundays it is free for the national and residents with official identification. The tour for groups of 10 about 500 mxn. Have parking of payment (24 mxn).
The Bay of Akumal It is a beach with public access where you should NOT pay to enter. Swimming on the beach should not be a paid activity either, but they offer guide services to swim with the turtles. On the beach you find restaurant and services. At the entrance to Akumal there is parking of payment (about 50 mxn the day).
The Yalkú Cove has a cost of 150 mxn. Discount for Quintana Roo, take your ID. Schedule: Open diary from 8 to 17 hours. Parking lot free.
Where is lunch in Akumal?
In Akumal you can have lunch in different places. In the mere beach where you bathe with turtles there is a restaurant on the beach. In the parking area there are also places to eat. On the way to caleta Yalkú is the restaurant La Buena Vida, with sea views, I love this place, with excellent flavored margaritas. Lunch cost: about 180 mxn per person in the Good Life.
Estimated time of visits:
- Tulum one hour and a half approximately. If you go to bathe, calculate more time in the place.
- Bathe with turtles in Akumal: The day is relaxed, so take your time to enjoy this wonder. An easy hour and a half is flies in this paradise.
- Caleta Yulká: calculates minimum hour and a half in the Yalkú cove.
When is the sun in the Riviera Maya?
As you do not know the road is better than Arrive with daylight at your hotel. In addition, the roads are poorly lit and driving is complicated.
In winter time (November to May). During these months the sun sets between 6 and 7 in the afternoon.
In summer time (April to October). During these months the sun sets between 7 and 9 of the night. I hope you enjoy and organize your excursion with this information.
This is one of the many excursions by car what can you do from Riviera Maya. Drive in a prudent manner and respect the signs.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Finance your flight with a signal and the rest pay in comfortable installments before the departure date of the flight with Vuelify.
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, towers and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.