Hacienda Yaxcopoil has a special charm among the many haciendas that we can visit in Yucatan. Today we discover it with its indelible vintage charm.o.
La Hacienda Yaxcopoil (place of the green poplars, translated from Yucatec Mayan) is located near the Puuc Route, on the highway that connects Mérida with Uxmal. It is an excellent stop to learn about the interesting history of the Haciendas of these lands, essential to understand the history of the region.
The Hacienda belonged to one of the families known as divine caste of the Haciendas. The imposing entrance and its buildings show us the greatness of the place. Visiting this place becomes a wonderful walk through the glorious past.
Visit to Hacienda Yaxcopoil
The lovely thing about Hacienda Yaxcopoil is that the farm is half restored, so you can see the old European furniture of the big house in an environment of somewhat rustic beams and walls of gnawed paper. In recent years, seeing the tourist trail, they have taken care of shaping the place, restoring and improving the visit. The truth is that without losing the charm, they have known how to make a profit from the old hacienda.
The visit you do it for free, they give you a brochure of the history of the place to guide you in your visit.
Within the route we find the Fourth Mayan, a room with archaeological relics found in the land of Yaxcopoil, where there are Mayan vestiges. A whole discovery this place.
The old henequen factory ended the production of henequen fiber in 1984. You can visit it and see the old machines. Former workers work at the hacienda and some are encouraged to tell you stories of the place. This increases the charm of Yaxcopoil.
It is very interesting to talk with the farm workers and they tell you about the glorious era of the henequeros, how bad the workers lived, the abuses they received, the right to pernada, the number of hours they worked for a peso, where there was the jail, the school, the hospital, the store or the hanged tree. Stories to listen to and see how we repeat abuses throughout our brief history of Humanity.
Sleep at Hacienda Yaxcopoil
If you want to savor the pleasure of sleeping on a farm, in Yaxcopoil they offer two rooms where you will be treated in luxury, taking advantage of the porch to dine on delicious Yucatecan food. Staying to sleep in this place is a great opportunity to experience charming places.
HOW TO GO TO HACIENDA YAXCOPOIL
The distance between downtown Mérida and the Yaxcopoil farm is approximately 37 kilometers, 40 minutes by car. You must take federal highway 261, Mérida-Uxmal, until kilometer 220. Yaxcopoil is well indicated.
HOW TO GET TO YAXCOPOIL BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT?
- BY VAN (COLLECTIVE, VAN): They leave from the Lucas de Gálvez Market in Mérida (65th Street between 54th Street and 52nd Street) to Umán. From Uman you must take another bus to Yaxcopoil.
- BUS: The Mayab Bus company leaves from the terminal two blocks from Parque San Juan. Stop at Yaxcopoil.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION YAXCOPOIL HACIENDA
In Yucatan there is a long-distance trail of 110 kilometers called the Camino del Mayab. Hacienda Yaxcopoil is one of the interesting attractions that you can visit during this trail. We leave you the information to go The Way of the Maya.
Hacienda Yaxcopil Hours
From Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM
Saturday from 9 AM to 2 PM
Sundays we close
Open all year long
Hacienda Yaxcopoil Price
Admission: $150 pesos per person. Children under 15 years of age accompanied by their parents do not pay.
Discounts for groups of schools, university, and similar, properly identified.
Hacienda Yaxcopoil Services
- PARKING: at the entrance there is a large parking lot.
- BATHROOMS, SNACK BAR AND REST AREA
- STORE AND MUSEUM: craft store and a museum with ancient Mayan pieces that have been found on the Hacienda's land.
- ACCOMMODATION: they have a room in the hacienda, which offers personalized food service.
- EVENTS: they rent the place for celebrations and photography sessions.
Contact Hacienda Yaxcopoil
Cell Phone and WhatsApp: + 52 (999) 9001193
Calle 21 Number 500. Yaxcopoil, Yucatan, CP 97396.
Km. 220, Federal Highway 261, Mérida-Uxmal.
PO Box No. 1, Post Office No. 4. Mérida, Yucatán, CP 97101, Mexico.
You may be interested in reading History of the Haciendas. Curiosity and interest leads us to learn more about history, we love to continue learning in this land.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the indispensable and necessary best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.