The town of Cobá is an excellent option to stay a few days and discover its fantastic surroundings soaking up the Mayan culture. The road always offers interesting detours for all visitor profiles.
El town of Cobá it benefits from its strategic location, just as the ancient Maya did. The quiet Mayan town, of about 1500 inhabitants, lives on foot between lagoon Cobá and one of the most notable ancient Mayan cities from the Yucatan Peninsula, Cobá. Its strategic location made it flourish for many years, as it happens today. The flow of tourists arriving daily from Riviera Maya It makes that in the town and surroundings flourish handicraft businesses, restaurants, hotels, visits to tourist cenotes ... strategic place Cobá.
Cobá It's the most demanded tours of Riviera Maya. Few stay overnight here, a luxury refuge on the road this town.
Where to sleep in Cobá:
Stay for sleep in Cobá lets you discover the charm of the place and its people. The Riviera Maya it feels very far from the reality of the slow pace that characterizes the Mayan areas. I like this calm Mayan, I sincerely like it. Cobá offers you another, more authentic way to live the Yucatan Peninsula, closer to reality.
ACCOMMODATIONS IN COBÁ:
Hotel Lol-Ha y hotel Sacbé are two cheap accommodations, side by side, they get confused and everything. Both have restaurant service and are similar in services. I have stayed in both, very friendly always.
Other lodgings are the Hotel Hacienda Cobá and Coqui Coqui walk to the lagoon. The Coki Coki is a small chain of charming hotels based in Valladolid e Izamal. There is a new option in Coba that I have not tried, but it is different within the offer of the place, it is about Aldea Coba and Escape Resort.
What to do around Cobá?
- COBÁ ARCHAEOLOGICAL AREA: Cobá It is one of the most remarkable ancient Mayan cities in the area. He favored trade for years. It conserves remarkable treasures of the Mayan world, such as the 1 stele and the highest pyramid of Quintana Roo, Nohoch Mul, 42 meters high that allow you to savor the green sea that forms the jungle, delicious view.
- COBÁ CENOTES: A few kilometers away there are several cenotes such as Tankach-Ha, Multum-Ha and Choo-Ha which, together with those of the population of San Juan de Dios, offer a very interesting range of cavities. In the town of Saint John of God there are some Mayan vestiges that can be seen from Nohoch Mul, I have never visited them, one more slope.
- PUNTA LAGUNA RESERVE: Punta lagoon It is without a doubt one of the natural spaces that I like the most in Quintana Roo. This spider monkey sanctuary is managed by a Mayan community, who have been working in the preservation of the place for years. This has led them to perform activities such as observing monkeys, canoe trips, zip line .. you will love it.
- THREE KINGS y PACCHÉN, on the same road as Punta Laguna, are two other places to be surprised with activities in lagoons and cenotes. In Pacchén one of the triathlons of the circuit of the Yucatan Peninsula is made.
- BEACHES OF TULUM: to 44 kilometers you have the Tulum beaches, one of the most sought after and most prestigious places on the Mexican Caribbean coast. This fame has made the prices on the coast very expensive, so it can be an option to visit them from here. At 4 kilometers from the town of Tulum is the archaeological zone of Tulum.
- CENOTES BETWEEN COBÁ AND TULUM: address Tulum you find several cenotes like the busy Grand Cenote, the Car Wash, Zazil Há or the coveted by divers, Cenote Calavera.
- CITY COLONIAL VALLADOLID: the beautiful colonial city of Valladolid it is only 61 kilometers from Cobá. It is on the perfect route to continue touring the Yucatan Peninsula, a place full of stories and unique corners.
Savor the Mayan calm staying in towns like Cobá, entering to know the past and the present maya. There is no better way to get closer to cultures than by living with them. Cobá is a town of friendly people surrounded by a lot of charm.
Coba, townsLOCATION: Cobá is located at 47 km west of Jumpsuit by the federal highway 109 address Valladolid.
HOW TO GET IN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION? Sale ADO and collective transportation from Jumpsuit to Cobá (45 minutes). Also from Valladolid and Playa del Carmen you can get to Cobá. There are taxis that take you from Tulum for about 400 pesos the way.
WHAT TO BRING? Comfortable and light clothing, and hat to cover your head. Protect yourself from the sun and insects, and do not forget your swimsuit to enjoy the cenotes.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Finance your flight with a signal and the rest pay in comfortable installments before the departure date of the flight with Vuelify.
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, towers and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.