Canamayte Eco Park is a small park with 2 cenotes located in Riviera Maya. In Canamayte you will find a tasty restaurant and two very cool cenotes where you can enjoy your day. Very close to Tulum you find this nature getaway.
Canamayte Eco Park is known in different ways: you may know it as the Mariposa cenote or the Chen Há cenote. The place is managed by one of the most important tourist agencies in the Riviera Maya, Equinox Tours, and both cenotes are within the facilities.
I want to thank the staff because the day we visited Canamayte Eco Park it was closed for maintenance, and they let us know the place despite being closed to the public (being a large company it still says more detail on their part). That day I went to a cenote with my photographer friend Pierre and his dog Flaco. Pierre is one of the best photographers in Riviera Maya, I leave you the Pierre Viole's website in case you want to enjoy the wonderful photos he takes.
Despite being closed, they let us enter and enjoy the cenotes on our own. The pity is that we did not try the restaurant, of which we have spoken very well. NOTE: there is no access to pets, it was a special day.
HOW TO GO TO CANAMAYTE ECO PARK TULUM
The entrance to the Eco Park Canamayte is located only 11 kilometers from the center of Tulum. It is one of the not so well known places in the Tulum area, no less beautiful for that. It is located on Highway 109 in the direction of Tulum and Cobá.
HOW TO GET TO CANAMAYTE ECO PARK BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Public transport is complicated, and you have a stretch of more than 2 kilometers from the road to the entrance. You can take the option of going by taxi from Tulum. Taxi drivers have an official rate, you can ask for it.
GO BY TAXI to CANAMAYTE ECO PARK
Official taxis have a fixed rate by zones, they must show it to you if you ask, you know the prices before going to the place. If you want the taxi driver to wait for you, you must agree a price with them.
WHAT TO DO IN CENOTE CANAMAYTE
The Equinox Tours agency uses Canamayte Eco Park almost exclusively for its clients, for this reason it is not such a well-known place as they live off their own clients. The good thing is that it can also be visited on its own, and that is the luck because it remains semi unknown within the cenotes of Riviera Maya to date.
There are several large agencies in Riviera Maya that use this dynamic with their clients: they manage places exclusively for their tours. In Canamayte Eco Park you will be able to enjoy two types of cenotes: one open and the other cave. The facilities of the enclosure, the attention, the restaurant and other services make it an excellent and pleasant place to spend the day.
- CENOTE BUTTERFLY
- CENOTE CHEN HA
Do not miss in this area the 9 best Cenotes in Tulum
Cenote Mariposa is a semi-cave cenote with beautiful emerald colors. As soon as you see it, you want to swim in its waters. The photos with this background are one of those to make you envious when you are on vacation. Those instagramers eager for postcards, here you will find a good setting to show off.
The reflections of lights on its walls, the emerald and crystal clear water make it an almost irresistible place. I was pleasantly surprised by its beauty. It is always a pleasure to discover new cenotes, and Cenote Mariposa did not disappoint me.
My friend Juanma, who is an accredited guide and diver in the Riviera Maya (one of the most recommended guides I know in that area in case you are interested in an excellent contact), discovered it for me.
CENOTE CHEN HA
Cenote Chen Há is a cave cenote, so you can see two different types of cenotes at Canamayte Eco Park. There are people who are a little scared to enter cave cenotes, because this is ideal because here you will feel good. It is a small cenote and very well lit, this makes it quiet for the whole family.
When we visited it, it was not illuminated, something that I really like because I really like the naturalness of the cenote spaces as it is. Pierre and Flaco had already left, and I was able to give myself the prize of bathing in solitude in the place after taking a photo. Little moments of one that go to the backpack of the heart, it is a great gift to enjoy the cenotes in company, but alone is it a great luxury?
SERVICES, SCHEDULES AND PRICE CENOTE CANAMAYTE
- SERVICES: restaurant, showers, bathrooms, hammock area, lockers. There is a meliponario. The facilities are very comfortable and clean.
- RESTAURANT: the restaurant of the place is managed by what was the Salsería Tulum, for those who knew the place it is a reference. Uncomplicated food very much to everyone's taste so that the tummies are satisfied. Good product, with a higher level than most restaurants in cenotes that serve food in their facilities. It highlights them in this regard.
- TIMETABLE CANAMAYTE ECO PARK TULUM: every day from 9 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon.
- CENOTE CANAMAYTE PRICE: 250 pesos, with a bonus of 100 pesos for consumption of food and beverages. Quintana Roo with identification 200 pesos.
CENOTE CANAMAYTE PRICE
They do different interesting promotions at the Canamayte Cenotes & EcoPark. What I recommend is that you pay attention to the page of Canamayte Facebook to see their promotions, many are very attractive.
CANAMAYTE CENOTES & ECOPARK PRICES: admission for the general public 250 pesos, with a bonus of 100 pesos for consumption of food and beverages. Entrance for Quintana Roo at 200 pesos, bonus of 100 pesos and additional discount of 15% on consumption of food and beverages (valid on presentation of official identification). Bonuses and discounts valid by booking in advance (limited spaces).
WHAT DOES THE TICKET INCLUDE? Mariposa cenote and Chen Ha cenote. Meliponario, life jackets, rest area with tables, hammock area, lockers, parking lot, toilets and showers Note: food or drinks are not allowed
RECOMENDATIONS TO VISIT CENOTE CANAMAYTE
- TAKE A VISOR: if you go to cenotes, always wear a mask or visor to see underwater, I assure you that it gives you a different and beautiful view of the cenotes. In several cenotes they rent the visor, but you can save it if you bring your own, it is even more hygienic.
- COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR: there is access to cenotes where you will walk on land with pebbles, other low stairs sometimes slippery, some you enter the water with a stone. Go with a shoe that fits, if it can get wet better.
- CASH MONEY: most cenotes only accept cash payment.
- PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE SUN: if you go to an open cenote where the sun hits you, I recommend first a water lycra that does not sunscreen, although it is biodegradable, it pollutes the water.
- INSECT REPELLENT: if you are going to stay in the cenote, bring biodegradable repellent, use it after bathing.
- GO THROUGH THE SHOWER / SHOWER: a good shower before entering the cenotes is essential to avoid contaminating them with chemicals from our body, such as creams, deodorants, soaps ...
- THE SWIMSUIT: of course the swimsuit, and also a towel or sarong to dry off, if not like an iguana in the sun. Like a change of clothes to change as you schedule the day.
CENOTES TULUM MAP
To make it easier for you to find other cenotes in Tulum and things to do in the surroundings of Tulum, we leave you the map of Tulum with our recommendations. You can go to the link to open it.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the indispensable and necessary best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.