The X'Weech cenote opened in 2019, and has become one of the tourist attractions in Sucilá. An area where to live a Yucatan with a cowboy atmosphere.
The small Yucatecan town of Sucilá is located 24 kilometers from Tizimín, a crossroads that takes you to various paths where you can get to know a very authentic and local Yucatan. This is an area of ranches, pure cowboy lives here. The landscapes of the area are shaped like crops.
Tourism is arriving in a dropper to the Tizimín area, the environment you will live in is very local.
Do not miss the best Cenotes near Valladolid
HOW TO GO TO CENOTE X'WEECH
Cenote X'Weech is located in Sucilá, 20 km west of Tizimin, along the road that takes you to Mérida.
Near the pretty town of Sucilá the X'Weech cenote opened. You get to the entrance by turning on Calle 13 in Sucilá. It is indicated with a canvas, it looks good. Just follow the road for about 5 kilometers until you reach the entrance to the cenote, which is also well indicated.
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE WEECH BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION? You can go on collective taxis (combis or vans) that leave from the Tizimin square to Sucilá. In Sucilá you must take a mototaxi to the cenote, since it is 5 kilometers from the town.
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE WEECH IN TAXI: you can agree with a Tizmín taxi driver on a price for the service.
Services offered by the X'Weech cenote
Many tourist attractions in this area are completely local. It is an interesting way to get to know places more authentically. By visiting these cenotes we promote community tourism, reaching our money to families who work their land.
This cenote is located inside a ranch, so they took the opportunity to open the way to the crystal clear waters.
Cenote X'Weech is a Yucatecan Mayan word that means armadillo, the prehistoric armored animal that lives in the area. To enter the cenote you go down some comfortable stairs that take you to a small tunnel through which you walk a few meters to the stone platform. From here you have access by a wooden staircase to the water of the cenote. A crystal clear fresh water, habitat of catfish fish, the black fish that we usually see in the cenotes.
The cenote space is local and rustic atmosphere, with palapas that offer shade to eat and drink. They go horseback riding, one of the distractions for children at X'Weech. There are bathrooms and showers, and the owner gives the service with sympathy and desire. On weekends they provide food service, with family prices.
SCHEDULE AND SERVICES OF CENOTE WEECH
Open daily from 9 a.m. to 18 p.m. There are services at the entrance of bathrooms, restaurant, showers and they give vests.
PRICE CENOTE X'WEECH
- Adult ticket 60 pesos, children 50 pesos (from 8 years old they pay as an adult).
- They have an all-inclusive plan with food that costs 200 pesos (2 drinks and 1 meal) and 130 pesos for children (1 drink and 1 meal).
- The price includes horseback riding and a snack.
- From Friday to Monday and during the vacation period, it is when more people go to the cenote.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CENOTE X'WEECH
- BRING A VISOR: wear a mask or a visor to see underwater, and if you have a water lamp you can also take it.
- COMFORTABLE SHOES: wear closed-toe shoes that fit comfortably, although it is not difficult to go down this cenote with flip-flops.
- CASH: only pay in cash, if you have small change better. Think they don't get many people up to date and sometimes they don't have change.
- INSECT REPELLENT: if you are going to stay in the cenote, bring biodegradable repellent, use it after bathing.
- GO THROUGH THE SHOWER / SHOWER: a good shower before entering the cenotes is essential to avoid contaminating them with chemicals from our body, such as creams, deodorants, soaps, even our sweat.
- THE SWIMSUIT: of course the swimsuit, and also a towel or pareo to dry yourself, if you don't dry yourself like an iguana in the sun. Like a change of clothes to change as you schedule the day.
- RESPECT THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT: do not hang from the roots of the trees, do not scratch the walls, do not touch the stalactites or do any other idiocy that damages the place. Collect all your garbage, do not eat or drink in the cenotes, do not touch or subtract flora or fauna.
What else to do in the Sucilá and Tizimín area?
- VISIT THE TOWN OF SUCILÁ: The church of Sucilá is worth a stop, it is rebuilt and very beautiful. If you pass Sucilá early, enter the wine-colored building that I leave you in the photo, they make excellent breakfasts. They open from 6 in the morning until breakfasts are finished, from 10:30 onwards.
- CENOTE ACANCUN BLUE: Another attractive cenote in the area is, on the road to Panabá. If you follow the road you will find the entrance well signposted.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE OF KULUBÁ: the most notorious vestiges of ancient Maya in the area, plus Ek Balam further south. An area that we love, because they have very beautiful buildings, it is large and there is never anyone.
- VISIT TIZIMÍN: The city of the Three Kings is where the Kings Fair is held, the most famous in Yucatan. In the town you can visit the temple where they worship the Kings, the catacombs and the city museum. You're in the denim area.
TOURIST CORRIDOR MAP OF EASTERN YUCATAN
Here I leave you a map with what we call the eastern tourist corridor, with tourist spots that you can browse. There is much to discover in this area, do not miss it ???
Hopefully you enjoy the area, we will discover places and write them on the map. You already know that if you have doubts you write us in comments and we try to support you.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the indispensable and necessary best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.