Cenote Xux há immediately became one of my favorite cenotes around Valladolid. I had wanted to visit him for a long time, they had told me very well about him
Cenote Xux Há is one of the cenotes that I always saw on the road and never went with the time to visit it, one of the cenotes in the surroundings of Valladolid that I had very marked on my curiosity map.
With my friend Isabella we took a few days of exploration, and cenote Xux Há was on the map. With Isa we love exploring cenotes and archaeological sites, we had such a good time together that we have started a new blog to publicize all the cenotes and archaeological sites of the Yucatan Peninsula.
It is a great challenge, for us it is something very nice to share and create together. I present to you the blog/baby of Isa and mine exclusive to cenotes and archaeological zones Of the peninsula. We are excited
We loved the Xux Há cenote, let's discover it.
HOW TO GO TO CENOTE XUX HÁ FROM VALLADOLID
The ideal place to get to this cenote is from Valladolid, it is only 21 kilometers towards Cancun. From Cancun it is 143 kilometers, about 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE XUX HA BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT: Collective taxis leave from Valladolid to Chemax (you can find them between 41st and 38th streets). In the surroundings of the central park of Valladolid you will find all the taxi services to the two destinations in the area. You can stop at the entrance to the cenote, to return it is a matter of patience and wait on the road for a combi or taxi back (the return is always more complicated because they are usually full halfway).
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE XUX HÁ: I leave you the contact of a trusted taxi driver who is also an accredited tourist guide with whom you can support yourself to move around the area +52 1 985 112 2143 (Manuel)
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE XUX HÁ BY CAR: You must take the highway towards Chemax or Cancún, on your own. In 20 minutes you are there, very simple. Don't go down the toll road.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CENOTE XUX HA
Cenote Xux Há is a cenote managed by local ejidatarios. Normally this type of cenotes has less publicity than others, they are less known, there are fewer people. I personally like this, also this beautiful cave cenote captivates with its beauty, we loved it.
From the entrance of the road there are 200 meters to the entrance of the cenote. And from the entrance about 100 meters by dirt road to the entrance to the cenote itself.
- ABOUT HIS NAME: Xux (pronounced shush is honeycomb) and ha is water. Ha is a word that you will see a lot in these lands, and it always indicates that there is water.
- CHARACTERISTICS CENOTE XUX HA: it is a cave cenote, you go down some stairs of about 25 meters to the interior of the crystal clear water cenote. A detachment in the vault allows natural light to enter.
- WHAT WE LIKE THE MOST: We have a natural sympathy for the cenotes that are managed by locals, which thanks to the tourist activity have allowed them an income that provides them with a simpler life. Despite being so close to Valladolid, it is not one of the best-known cenotes, and this is a great extra point. In addition, the entrance with a wooden staircase is not intrusive with the natural environment.
- WHAT WE LIKE LEAST: Well, we didn't find what to tell you, we didn't see any "but".
INFORMATION TO VISIT CENOTE XUX HA
CENOTE XUX HA HOURS: open every day from 8 to 5 in the afternoon.
CENOTE XUX HA SERVICES: It has all the services for the enjoyment of the cenote such as changing rooms, showers, lockers, bathrooms, life jackets. In addition, a small craft shop at the entrance and selling soft drinks and junk food such as potato chips.
CENOTE XUX HA PRICE: the entrance for adults is 120 pesos. Lockers: 25 pesos Vests: 25 pesos
CONTACT CENOTE XUX HA: barely has a presence on social networks, a hidden gem?
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CENOTE XUX HA
- WEAR A VISOR: wear a mask or visor to see underwater, I assure you that it gives you a different and beautiful optic. If you have a water lamp, I recommend that you take it.
- COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR: access to the cenote is easy, the ladder can slip a bit, we do not think a special shoe is necessary. The path to the entrance is dirt, with flip-flops you are still fine, although we always like to go with a shoe that is more attached to the foot.
- CASH: only pay in cash, if you have small change better. think that many people do not receive to date and sometimes you will not have change..
- INSECT REPELLENT: if you are going to stay in the cenote, bring biodegradable repellent, use it after bathing.
- GO THROUGH THE SHOWER / SHOWER: a good shower before entering the cenotes is essential to avoid contaminating them with chemicals from our body, such as creams, deodorants, soaps, even our sweat.
- THE SWIMSUIT: of course to the swimsuit, and also a towel or sarong to dry you, if not as iguana in the sun. Like a change of clothes to change as you schedule the day.
- RESPECT THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT: do not hang from the roots of the trees, do not scratch the walls, do not touch the stalactites or do any other idiocy that damages the place. Collect all your garbage, do not eat or drink in the cenotes, do not touch or subtract flora or fauna.
CENOTES SURROUNDING VALLADOLID MAP
In this area you will find one of the best cenotes in the Yucatan Peninsula, a luxury area. We have made a map with the cenotes around Valladolid to make it easy for you to explore them.
We still leave you our favorite cenotes in the Valladolid area.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the indispensable and necessary best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.