Cenote X-Pakan is one of the cenotes that you can explore near Tizimín. For those of you who like to go off the beaten path, you've come to the right place.
In the surroundings of Tizimín, different cenotes that are located within private lands have been opened to the public. Cenote X-Pakan to date was the last to open to tourism. This cenote is located within a ranch very close to the road.
At the end I leave you a map with the cenotes of Tizimín and its surroundings so that it is easy for you to explore the area.
We lived in Tizimín for 3 years, and we have been seeing how more and more people are encouraged to open cenotes to the public. The truth is that cenote tourism has increased significantly in recent years, and for many it is an opportunity as a source of income.
Many of these cenotes were used on private lands to drink fresh water, either for domestic use, for irrigation or to water livestock. The Tizimín area is full of ranches, it is the Texas of Yucatán. And it is an area with many cenotes.
HOW TO GO TO CENOTE X-PAKAN IN TIZIMÍN
The X-pakan cenote is located just 5 kilometers from the center of Tizimín towards Mérida. You will see it indicated with a sign with its name on the right side. You follow a dirt road of less than 1 kilometer and you arrive at the cenote.
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE X-PAKAN BY CAR: 10 minutes by car from Tizimín, following the Tizimín-Mérida highway, you immediately see the sign on the right.
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE From the road you have about 1 kilometer walking along a dirt road. There are no shadows, bring water in the hot months because the sun hits hard.
I went to the X-Pakan cenote with my brother. We always take advantage of his visits to Yucatan to make trips to new and old known places in this Mayan land. We both love cenotes, we always like to be close to nature and enjoy walks.
At the X-Pakan cenote, Fausto, the cenote manager, welcomed us. A very kind cowboy from Tizimín with whom we chatted quietly. He told us that they intend to grow in services, the idea is to make cabins where you can stay.
In this area around Tizimín there is not so much tourism, the majority is concentrated in Valladolid and its surrounding cenotes. The truth is that the cenotes in Tizimín and surrounding areas are not as spectacular as the cenotes around Valladolid. On the other hand, in this area you can visit cenotes where you will be alone, and that is priceless.
The busiest day is Sunday, when the locals take the opportunity to go with their family to spend the day. For this, the X-Pakan cenote is ideal, because it has a large area where you can play ball, good shade where you can bring food and eat, and paths where you can walk a little.
- WHAT YOUR NAME MEAN: I forgot to ask the meaning of the name.
- CENOTE X-PAKAN CHARACTERISTICS: it is a closed cenote where you enter through a staircase artificially drilled into the rock to reach the water. Clear water
- WHAT I LIKE MOST: the tranquility of the place, because you have a natural pool to yourself because not many people go. Avoid weekends if you like to be alone. You can walk along the ranch roads.
- WHAT I LIKE LESS: We need to add some watering cans to make it more practical and conserve the cenote water as it should. You can shower inside the house, but it is not mandatory, and it should be mandatory before entering any cenote.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION TO VISIT CENOTE X-PAKAN
X-Pakan cenote schedule
Every day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- parking lot,
- palapas where to eat (you can bring your food),
- and there is a shower inside the house, they can lend it to you. They should put exteriors for greater comfort and conservation of the cenote.
X-Pakan cenote price
50 pesos per person. Children under 5 years old do not pay.
Contact Cenote X-Pakan
Contact telephone numbers: 986 122 3582 / 986 119 5033 / 986 114 7568
TIPS FOR VISITING CENOTIS IN MEXICO
- BRING A VISOR: the diving mask, and if you have a water lamp, I recommend that you bring it. It gives you a different perspective.
- COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR: you can access the cenote with flip flops, although closed shoes that can get wet are always better.
- CASH: only pay in cash, if you have a small bill better.
- GO THROUGH THE SHOWER / SHOWER: a good shower before entering the cenotes is essential to avoid contaminating them with chemicals from our body, such as creams, deodorants, soaps, even our sweat.
- THE SWIMSUIT: of course the swimsuit, and also a towel or sarong to dry yourself off. Don't forget a change of clothes to stay dry after swimming.
- RESPECT THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT: do not hang from the roots of the trees, do not scratch the walls, do not touch the stalactites or do any other idiocy that damages the place. Pick up all your garbage, do not eat or drink in the cenotes, do not touch or remove flora or fauna. It is a federal crime, it is punishable.
TIZIMÍN CENOTES MAP AND SURROUNDINGS
I leave you the map with the cenotes of Tizimín and its surroundings to make it easier for you. You can open the map and organize your visit to your liking.
Any information, leave me a comment.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the indispensable and necessary best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.