The area of the municipality of Yalcobá is surrounded by beautiful cenotes. The Cenote X-Ca'anajaltun is one of the amazing cavities that you find on your way. This land is full of treasures, we enjoy and take care of them.
Every time I am going to write about a new cenote I think And what do I explain now?. Then I let myself be guided by the sensations experienced and I get what I wrote without thinking. This is the magic of the cenotes, I am surrendered to these treasures of nature.
Without a doubt, the cenote X-Ca'anajaltun is one of the best Cenotes in Valladolid
Content of the article
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE XCANAJALTUN
- Cenote Xcanahaltun, Xcanajaltun or X-Ca'anajaltun
- The beautiful cenote area in Yalcobá
- Cenote Xcanahaltun is managed by a local family
- WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CENOTE XCANAJALTUN
- INFORMATION TO VISIT CENOTE XCANAHALTUN
- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CENOTE XCANAHALTUN
- CENOTES VALLADOLID MAP
HOW TO GO TO CENOTE XCANAJALTUN
The X-Ca'anajaltun cenote is located in the municipality of Yalcobá, just 30 kilometers from Valladolid. By car you arrive in 30 minutes. In Valladolid they rent scooters, it is a good option to get to know the surroundings of Valladolid.
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE XCANAHALTUN BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: From the center of Valladolid, collective taxis leave for Yalcobá, each ticket costs less than 50 pesos. Once in Yalcobá you must take a motorcycle taxi to the cenote, agree with the motorcycle taxi to return to town.
- HOW TO GO TO THE XCANAHALTUN CENOTE BY CAR: In just 30 minutes you will arrive at the cenote from Valladolid. Take the road to Cancún (the toll road, not the other) and you will see the detour to Yalcobá. There are signs indicating the cenote, it has no loses.
Cenote Xcanahaltun, Xcanajaltun or X-Ca'anajaltun
Many times we see local cenotes with Mayan names written in different ways. This is due to the little knowledge of Maya at a written level, they pronounce it the same but write it differently. The Xcanahaltun, Xcanajaltun or X-Ca'anajaltun cenote is another example.
Xcanahaltun opened its doors to tourism in 2016.
The X-Ca'anajaltun cenote has precious characteristics: it is so beautiful that it makes you let go when you see it a osti you what a maco (expressed in Catalan: wow in universal language), and is located just half an hour from Valladolid and Ek Balam.
The municipality of Yalcobá is an area with fantastic cenotes such as Palomitas, Agua Dulce, Saca Aua or Secreto Maya. Explore the Yalcobá area, many cenotes are managed by local people, visiting them is a way to economically cooperate with fairer businesses in resources.
The beautiful cenote area in Yalcobá
The Yalcobá area is one of the areas where the powerful tourism company Xcaret has set its eyes (or claws). They have bought several beautiful cenotes from farmers in the area, with the aim of making a theme park of cenotes (they already did it in Quintana Roo), modifying nature according to their recreational whim.
The modest peasant often has neither the money, nor the time, nor the ability to promote it, nor the willingness to enable the beautiful cenote on his land. Xcaret has more than enough, and money in hand is a simple solution for many workers and their families.
This reality has been explained to me by several peasants in the area, the money they were offered, how easy it is to fall into temptation and the fear of being left without land, because of how important it is for them. David vs. Golliat, a contemporary story at all times.
Cenote Xcanahaltun is managed by a local family
The X-Ca'anajaltun cenote is an example of local private administration. The Valladolid family was able to clean and condition the place, and now they start their business thanks to their beautiful treasure. They do not have the spread of others.
One of the cenote workers escorts you inside. It is as a precaution, to take care of your treasure with a series of rules that we must all follow, such as taking a shower before going to bathe, not hanging from the roots of trees, not moving stones. Respect the place as it deserves.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CENOTE XCANAJALTUN
The first view of the X-Ca'anajaltun cenote going down the 6-meter stairs is overwhelming, you already feel that you are in front of a special cenote. A natural space of colossal diameter with the vault partially collapsed over the crystal clear waters of the cenote.
- ABOUT HIS NAME: his name means high waterfall
- CHARACTERISTICS CENOTE XCANAHALTUN: it is a cave cenote with a detachment of the vault through which the rays of light pass. Its immense diameter makes the place colossal. The descent to the cenote is something really amazing
- WHAT WE LIKE MOST: I have the joy of meeting the family of the Xcanajaltun cenote, for the times I have visited it personally, the times I have gone with clients and in this 2019 I have shared a diploma as a Nature Guide with my friend Erasmo , site manager. Many joys join me to them, and that is a luxury.
- WHAT WE LIKE LEAST: nothing to mention
- A SECRET. It crosses to the other part of the land of the cenote, the views from there totally complement the place. Do not miss it
INFORMATION TO VISIT CENOTE XCANAHALTUN
It is not one of the most visited cenotes, for us it is a great point in favor 🤟💙
CENOTE XCANAJALTUN HOURS: open every day from 9 to 5 in the afternoon
CENOTE XCANAJALTUN SERVICES: showers, changing rooms, bathrooms, kayak and vest rental, and restaurant service. On weekends they certainly serve food, during the week sometimes they run out and they don't serve. We really like how they cook 😊
CENOTE XCANAJALTUN PRICE: 175 pesos the entrance
CONTACT CENOTE XCANAJALTUN: We link you to the page of Facebook of the Xcanahaltun cenote
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CENOTE XCANAHALTUN
The X-Ca'anajaltun cenote is a fantastic option if you are looking for a beautiful and not very visited place. Seeing cenotes in their natural state I like very much, I enjoy bathing like a girl, discovering their beauty entangled in their crystal clear waters. You can swim to the sand island on the other side of the cenote, the views are different. With the diving mask you will be able to better appreciate the collapse of the vault.
- WEAR A VISOR: if you go to the cenotes always wear a mask or visor to see underwater, I assure you that it gives you a different and beautiful view of the cenotes. If you have a water lamp, I recommend that you take it.
- COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR: the descent is not complicated if you go with flip-flops, although we always recommend closed shoes for water shoes.
- CASH: they only accept payment in cash.
- INSECT REPELLENT: if you are going to stay in the cenote, bring biodegradable repellent, use it after bathing.
- GO THROUGH THE SHOWER / SHOWER: a good shower before entering the cenotes is essential to avoid contaminating them with chemicals from our body, such as creams, deodorants, soaps, even our sweat.
- THE SWIMSUIT: of course to the swimsuit, and also a towel or sarong to dry you, if not as iguana in the sun. Like a change of clothes to change as you schedule the day.
- RESPECT THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT: do not hang from the roots of the trees, do not scratch the walls, do not touch the stalactites or do any other idiocy that damages the place. Collect all your garbage, do not eat or drink in the cenotes, do not touch or subtract flora or fauna.
CENOTES VALLADOLID MAP
To make it easier for you to explore cenotes in the area, we made a map of the cenotes around Valladolid where you have detailed information on each one of them.
We hope you enjoy it a lot 💙
I love spending time in these places, I find them more intimate, you make them more yours, these cenotes get tangled up in you. My sincere congratulations and affection to the X-Ca'anajaltun family.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.