Cenote Santa Cruz is a hidden treasure that is located on secondary roads, one of those that we love so much in this blog. It is a remote cenote where they welcome you with great enthusiasm.
Cenote Santa Cruz is a beautiful cenote administered with all the enthusiasm by a family from the town of Chan Cenote. Sometimes it is difficult for us to talk about these places, I would keep them from being looked at. On the other hand, knowing that we can help the administrators of the place by promoting the Santa Cruz cenote, makes us take the step.
Ángel and his family, the owners of the place, are from the town of Chan Cenote. They work the land growing different products and have some cattle. The Santa Cruz cenote was used as a well, as has been done since ancient times. His wish is that more people know him and to be able to have extra income thanks to his treasure.
Cenote Santa Cruz is very beautiful, let's meet it 💙
Content of the article
HOW TO GO TO THE CENOTE SANTA CRUZ
Cenote Santa Cruz is located on the outskirts of Chan Cenote, a small town in the municipality of Tizimín. Cenote Santa Cruz is removed 1 kilometer from the road that connects Chan Cenote with Tixcancal. At the end of the writing we discover another beautiful cenote in the area, don't miss it 😮
The closest tourist town to the Santa Cruz cenote is El Cuyo, where we have our home, Can Cocal
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE SANTA CRUZ BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: It is difficult to get there by public transport. The small towns are connected, but there is not much transport frequency or fixed schedules. You should arrive by bus to Tixcancal or Chan Cenote, and from there continue to the Santa Cruz cenote.
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE SANTA CRUZ BY TAXI: From Tizimín you can find a taxi to take you to the cenote. Agree on price before you go (they may not know where it is).
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE SANTA CRUZ BY CAR: It is reached by secondary roads so drive carefully on these narrow roads. You can find a hole in the road, animals are crossed and you pass through towns where children and animals are usually near the road.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CENOTE SANTA CRUZ
- ABOUT ITS NAME: they call it that because it is “the place of the Cross”. Ask at the cenote, they love to talk about their history.
- CHARACTERISTICS CENOTE SANTA CRUZ: a magnificent entrance through a natural hole takes you into the cenote more than 60 meters deep. In the vaulted ceiling you can see a hole in the shape of a dolphin or whale, depending on how you look at it. From the vault they are about 15 meters high to the water mirror.
- WHAT WE LIKE MOST: the heartfelt desire of the people who manage it. A family cenote of which there are few left. The accesses to the cenote are not at all intrusive with the nature of the place, something that we love.
- WHAT WE LIKE LEAST: they need to put showers to give us a good shower before entering the cenote.
- A LITTLE SECRET: For those of you who like to jump from different heights, this cenote is perfect: its depth makes it ideal, and the different stone edges are natural platforms. The same from the vault there is a height of 15 meters only for the most daring 😮
INFORMATION TO VISIT CENOTE SANTA CRUZ
It is a deep water cenote. Access to the cenote is well conditioned by rustic wooden stairs that respect the natural environment. To the water you must go down some steeper wooden stairs, something that can limit some people.
Santa Cruz Cenote Hours
Open every day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Angel's family sometimes are not in the cenote. You must go to the town of Chan Cenote, ask for them and they will accompany you. They are small towns, everyone knows each other 😊
Santa Cruz cenote services
At the moment they don't have showers, but they are making an effort to put them in. There are also no bathrooms or changing rooms.
They have life jackets
Holy Cross Price
They are charging 50 pesos per person.
Contact Cenote Santa Cruz
We leave you the contact page of Cenote Santa Cruz Facebook
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CENOTE SANTA CRUZ
- WEAR A VISOR: if you go to the cenotes always wear a mask or visor to see underwater, I assure you that it gives you a different and beautiful view of the cenotes. If you have a water lamp, I recommend that you take it.
- COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR: access to the cenotes is very varied: dirt roads, sometimes slippery stairs, some enter the water stepping on stone. Go with a closed shoe that fits, if it can get wet better.
- CASH: only pay in cash, if you have small change better. Keep in mind that they do not receive many people to date and sometimes you will not have change.
- GO THROUGH THE SHOWER / SHOWER: so far they do not have a shower, but you can pour water with a bucket that they lend you.
- THE SWIMSUIT: of course the swimsuit, and also a towel or pareo to dry off. Like a change of clothes to change as you schedule the day.
- RESPECT THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT: do not hang from the roots of the trees, do not scratch the walls, do not touch the stalactites or do any other idiocy that damages the place. Collect all your garbage, do not eat or drink in the cenotes, do not touch or subtract flora or fauna.
CENOTES TIZIMIN MAP
We love this area, we live in El Cuyo and before we did it in Tizimín, so we enjoy the municipality of Tizimín. There are endless beautiful places in this area.
- WHAT NEARBY CENOTE CAN YOU VISIT: cenote Aak'abche'en in Tixcancal. One cenotes takes you to the other, they are very close together, so it is a complementary visit.
- OTHER ATTRACTIONS IN THE AREA: on the way from Tizimín to the cenote you have the archeological zone of Kulubá and San Manuel Community Museum km.11. The town of Chan Cenote seems very nice to us: the temple in the square has a cenote that surely connects with the Santa Cruz cenote.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the indispensable and necessary best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.