Cenote Lol Ha is one of the great attractions of the Mayan town of Yaxunah, a very interesting town where you can learn about the current Mayan culture and the ancient Mayan world. The Lol Ha cenote is truly luxurious.
In the interesting town of Yaxunah there are several cenotes and caves to discover. The LolHa cenote is located next to the Yaxunah community center, it is a well-conditioned cenote with a comfortable wooden staircase through which you descend to the crystal clear waters. It is made respecting the nature that surrounds it, which makes it really beautiful.
Non-Alcoholic Beverages Yucatan Cenotes to visit in the Mérida area
Birds and mammals are regulars of cenote Lol Ha, the roots and matapalos descend in search of water, this great treasure that feeds the whole planet and that unfortunately we have neglected. We must educate ourselves in the conscience of taking more care of the treasures of our places, so do not bathe in cenotes if you have used creams and other products in your body.
Content of the article
- HOW TO GO TO THE CENOTE LOL HA
- WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CENOTE LOL HA, CENOTE YAXUNAH
- CENOTES AND MAYAN CULTURE in YAXUNAH
- WHAT TO DO IN YAXUNAH
- INFORMATION TO VISIT CENOTE LOL HA
- Lol Ha Cenote Hours
- Price Cenote Lol Ha
- Services Cenote Lol Ha
- Contact cenote Lol Há
- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CENOTE LOL HA
- CENOTES TIZIMIN MAP
HOW TO GO TO THE CENOTE LOL HA
Cenote LolHá is located in the town of Yaxunah, 30 minutes from Piste, a town known for being on foot from Chichén Itzá.
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE LOLHA BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT: Combi buses leave from Pisté for Yaxunah, there aren't many, so ask carefully for the timetable. It is best to leave early in the morning.
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE LOL HA BY TAXI: From Piste you can find a taxi to take you to Yaxunah. The question is to agree on a price with the taxi driver so that he waits for you in yaxunah.
- HOW TO GO TO CENOTE LOL HA BY CAR: From Mérida it is 140 km, 1 hour and 50 minutes by car. From Valladolid it takes approximately 1 hour, it is almost 70 kilometers. From Piste just 30 minutes by car. The road has some holes, be careful on the way.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CENOTE LOL HA, CENOTE YAXUNAH
- ABOUT HIS NAME: Lol HÁ means flower o cocoon of water. Most cenotes have a Mayan name, paying attention to the Mayan language you can learn about the places and their culture.
- CENOTE LOL HÁ CHARACTERISTICS: the crystalline waters of the Lol Ha cenote allow you to see through them. On one side of the cenote the depth is 8.40 meters and on the other 16.24. Perfect to try some dive to the underworld. Remember to bring your diving mask, the cenotes always have a thousand points of view to enjoy it. It is an open cenote.
- WHAT WE LIKE THE MOST: It is a beautiful cenote that has been managed by the community for several years. They have been improving the facilities and the entrance.
- WHAT WE LIKE LEAST: there is no shower in the facilities, we always recommend taking a shower before entering any cenote because it does not contaminate the water so much.
- A LITTLE SECRET: there is an alux at the entrance, which reminds us that we are entering a sacred place and we must ask for permission. Then we'll talk about the alux 💛
CENOTES AND MAYAN CULTURE in YAXUNAH
As we have said on more than one occasion, the ancient Maya built their cities near cenotes, just like the old Yaxunah, which served them to supply fresh water comfortably.
The Mayans have a special relationship with the cenotes, these are part of the creation and perception of the Mayan world. The cenotes are part of the Mayan underworld, one of its three great levels: underground, earthly, and heavenly. This underground world is called metnal in Yucatec, olontic in tzotzil or xibalbá in Quiché, this being the most used word when referring to this concept.
In the Lol Ha cenote there are two aluxes that protect the cenote. Before entering we ask permission: the places are never ours, we must enter with respect. No matter what belief we have, asking for permission belongs to everyone.
In this land we learned to ask permission, a precise and precious act that places you in the space you are about to enter. We give thanks for having learned to ask permission 😊
Talking with the locals is a treasure, the road is about that, getting closer
WHAT TO DO IN YAXUNAH
In cenote Lol Ha You can stop for a refreshing bath to remove the Yucatecan heat after visiting the remains of Yaxunah or those of Chichén Itzá, which are also close to you. Here you will live away from the floods of tourists from the Riviera Maya who come to know Chichén.
Yaxunah is one of the most authentic Mayan towns where you can sleep in cabins. I warn you that this area has a hook.
IINFORMATION TO VISIT CENOTE lol ha
Lol Ha Cenote Hours
Open every day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Price Cenote Lol Ha
100 pesos adults
50 pesos children
Services Cenote Lol Ha
The cenote has a comfortable wooden staircase that takes you down to the body of water.
- They rent vests
- It has no showers or toilets. If you use a bathroom, next door is the Yaxunah Community Center and the Parador Turístico.
Contact cenote Lol Há
Contact phone: +52 5516 445455
Lol Há cenote facebook page: www.facebook.com/LOLHAOFICIAL/
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CENOTE lol ha
- WEAR A VISOR: if you go to the cenotes always wear a mask or visor to see underwater, I assure you that it gives you a different and beautiful view of the cenotes. If you have a water lamp, I recommend that you take it with you.
- COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR: access to the cenotes is very varied: dirt roads, sometimes slippery stairs, some of you enter the water stepping on stone. Go with closed shoes that fit, if you can get wet better.
- CASH: only pay in cash, if you have small change better. think that many people do not receive to date and sometimes you will not have change..
- INSECT REPELLENT: if you are going to stay in the cenote, bring biodegradable repellent, use it after bathing.
- GO THROUGH THE SHOWER / SHOWER: a good shower before entering the cenotes is essential to avoid contaminating them with chemicals from our body, such as creams, deodorants, soaps, even our sweat.
- THE SWIMSUIT: of course to the swimsuit, and also a towel or sarong to dry you, if not as iguana in the sun. Like a change of clothes to change as you schedule the day.
- RESPECT THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT: do not hang from the roots of the trees, do not scratch the walls, do not touch the stalactites or do any other idiocy that damages the place. Collect all your garbage, do not eat or drink in the cenotes, do not touch or subtract flora or fauna.
CENOTES TIZIMIN MAP
Valladolid is the closest large city to Yaxunah, so we leave you with many other cenotes to enjoy in this area.
- WHAT NEARBY CENOTE CAN YOU VISIT: Cenote IkKil It is one of the most popular in Yucatan and it is close. It's still close Yokdzonot cenote, which we like more.
- OTHER ATTRACTIONS IN THE AREA: spend time in Yaxunah and its surroundings. There are cabins where you can stay with a private bathroom for 700 pesos a night.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the indispensable and necessary best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.