Cenote Kikil is a very popular place among locals for the good restaurant they have and the facilities. It is not the most spectacular cenote, but it is a good stop to refuel on the way to the Ría Lagartos Biosphere Reserve.
The cenotes are one of the local treasures that change your way through these hot lands, where you will always have a nearby water well where you can cool off in a natural space. I love to travel these lands, I adore it. The cenote Kikil It is an example of administration and success for its good work. Do not miss this stop on the way to the Ría Lagartos Biosphere Reserve.
Discover the most beautiful Valladolid Cenotes and surroundings
SERVICES OF CENOTE KIKIL
El cenote Kikil It is not the most spectacular of the cenotes, but it is a very good place to stop to refuel. Also behind this local community business there is a beautiful story of effort and improvement. A local family strove to clean up the neglected cenote Kikil until turning it into this tourist inn recognized today as Indigenous Paradises by the CDI (Regional Indigenous Funds Program). Today it gives work to many of the relatives, family pride and perseverance.
The place has a good restaurant with local food, we really like to stop here to eat. The cenote is inside a beautiful garden, where there is also a hammock area. This place has made many of us stop to enjoy its facilities.
In cenote Kikil The good life is not expensive: bathing in the cenote, food and lying in the hammock is a pleasure available to everyone.
WHAT TO DO ON THE VALLADOLID ROUTE TO THE BIOSPHERE RESERVE RÍA LAGARTOS
Cenote Kikil is on the road between Valladolid and the Ría Lagartos Biosphere Reserve, one of the most popular routes in the Yucatan Peninsula. In fact on this road you will find several pleasant surprises to stop and make a route.
- CARNITAS IN TEMOZÓN: Temozón is famous for its smoked meats, so you can make a stop on your way and try the meats at one of the restaurants. My recommendation, the Concepción.
- CENOTE HUBIKU: right at the north exit of Temozón we have the cenote Hubiku, one of the most visited in Yucatan. Its huge diameter is printing.
- EK BALAM and CENOTE XCANCHÉ: the village of Ek Balam, the beautiful archaeological site of Ek Balam and the Xcanché cenote less than 2 kilometers. You will see the detour on the road, they have no loss.
- TIZIMIN: the largest town you cross on your way, with tourist service for accommodation and restaurants. If you come in January do not miss the Tizimin Kings Fair, you are warned 🙂
- CENOTE KIKIL: A few kilometers from Tizimin you enter Kikil, the pretty village on the road. The cenote Kikil is well indicated and you can visit the village museum.
Once you have passed the Kikil cenote, you have 47 kilometers to go to the coastal towns of San Felipe, Río Lagartos and Las Coloradas, which are located within the Ría Lagartos Biosphere Reserve. All directions are well marked on the road, you have no loss.
And above all remember that on your way you can stop to refuel and rest in the cenote Kikil, a place of local environment, a different place on your trip.
Centote Kikil, cenotes
SCHEDULE AND SERVICES: Open from 9 to 17 daily hours. Rent vests, its use is mandatory.
PRICE ENTRY: 100 pesos
HOW TO GET IN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION? Tizimín leaves public transport from the ADO terminal in Cancún and Valladolid (50 "). From Merida leaves the Northeast terminal (50 with the 67), the journey is 2 hours and a half. And from Tizimín collective to Kikil.
WHAT TO BRING? Light and light clothing, hat, insect repellent, sunscreen (use it after bathing), closed and comfortable shoes to protect you from insect bites. Swimsuit and a towel or sarong to dry off after bathing. It is a good option to wear a diving mask to better appreciate the place.
THE LAW OF THE GOOD CENOTERO: To avoid contaminating the delicate water of the cenotes, do not use body creams, or protectors, or repellents before entering them. Do not hang from the roots of the trees or touch the stalactites or do any other idiocy that damages the place.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.