The Ik kil cenote is one of the most visited in Yucatan. Its proximity to Chichen Itza and its spectacular beauty, make it a regular stop for many visitors to these Mayan lands.
The Ik kil cenote is one of those that take your breath away, simply spectacular. The fact that it is located 3 kilometers from the archaeological site of Chichen Itza, wonder of the modern world and the most visited in the Yucatan Peninsula, places it in the crosshairs of tourism in these lands.
Open the link to cenote Ik kil to compare it with the best 14 in the Valladolid area
Content of the article
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CENOTE IK KIL
To the cenote you descend by a stone staircase that allows you to stand at different heights of this great water well (dzonot in Yucatec Maya). There is a jump from 5 meters that delights those of us who like to jump. The cenotes at the end are beautiful playgrounds.
- CENOTE IK KIL CHARACTERISTICS: the Ik kil cenote, also known as the Sacred Blue Cenote, is open, 43 meters deep, an altitude from the mouth to the water, a drop to the crystal clear waters of 26 meters and a diameter of 60 meters, a joy of place. The roots of the trees fall in the form of lianas through the walls of the cenote, looking for water. Enjoy the view of this wonder while you bathe in the cenote, spectacular image.
- WHAT WE LIKE THE MOST: the vegetation of the place is fascinating, being in the ceoyte looking towards the sky with all the falling roots and plants is something spectacular.
- WHAT WE LIKE LEAST: It is a well-visited cenote and it totally changes the experience of visiting nature with so many people.
- PHOTO TIP: Go first thing in the morning to be able to take photos. In my case, I showed up the day before to ask for permission and enter before the tourists and they did not hinder me, so I enjoyed the cenote by myself.
IINFORMATION TO VISIT CENOTE IKKIL
The largest number of visitors to Chichen Itza come from the Riviera Maya. The tours that arrive at the archaeological zone from the Riviera Maya are very similar: a quick visit to Valladolid, the Ik kil cenote (many agencies stop to eat and you have time to swim in the cenote) and a visit to Chichén Itzá.
For this reason, the cenote is within the most touristic circuits of these Mayan lands, a stop that conventional tourism agencies know is a success.
Ik kil cenote hours
From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day of the year.
Ik Kil cenote price
Access to the cenote, with the rental of the vest and the right to use the locker, is 150 pesos for adults and 100 pesos for children.
Package with access, vests, locker and food (5 menus to choose from and a drink) costs 350 pesos for adults and 230 for children.
Ik Kil cenote services
In the place there is restaurant, bathroom services and showers (showers), lockers and souvenir shops where the tour guides often encourage shopping, commissions are a reality.
You can dive with prior permission.
Lodging in the cenote Ik kil
In the enclosure of the enclosure there are some nice cabins to stay, at 1800 mxn per night up to 4 people, without breakfast. website of cenote I Kil
RECOMMENDATIONS TO VISIT CENOTE IK KIL
- BRING A VISOR: We always recommend bringing a visor (snorkel mask) to see the cenote from another point of view.
- COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR: go with closed shoes that fit, if it can get wet better. In cenote Ik kil you can still go with flip flops, be careful not to slip.
- CASH: You may be able to pay with a card, at least you can do it in the local souvenir and handicraft shops.
- PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE SUN: I recommend that you use a lycra of water. Sunscreens pollute a lot, and biodegradable ones also pollute.
- INSECT REPELLENT: bring biodegradable repellent, use it after bathing.
- GO THROUGH THE SHOWER / SHOWER: a good shower before entering the cenotes is essential to avoid contaminating them with chemicals from our body, such as creams, deodorants, soaps, even our sweat.
- THE SWIMSUIT: of course the swimsuit, and also a towel or pareo to dry off.
- RESPECT THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT: do not hang from the roots of the trees, do not scratch the walls, do not touch the stalactites or do any other idiocy that damages the place. Collect all your garbage, do not eat or drink in the cenotes, do not touch or subtract flora or fauna.
For those who do not go on an organized excursion, try to avoid the hours of greatest tourist influx, from 11 a.m. to 15:30 p.m. In fact, I will explain something to you that will allow you to visit Ik kil alone: .
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.