Cenote Carwash is one of the classic cenotes of Tulum, one of the first cenotes that opened to tourists from Riviera Maya. It is located a few kilometers from Tulum, one of the most beautiful in the area 💙
The cenotes of Riviera Maya are a great tourist attraction, and in recent years cenotes have been exploited more in Mexico. Right now in Riviera Maya there are dozens of cenotes open to the public that you can enjoy. Cenote Carwash is one of the classic cenote of Tulum, of the cenotes of a lifetime what would we say.
Know the best Cenotes in Tulum. We have lived in the area since 2007, we can help you 🤗
Content of the article
HOW TO GO TO CENOTE CARWASH
Cenote Car Wash is located at kilometer 8 of the Tulum-Cobá highway. It is 12 minutes by car, you can still go by bicycle because the hard shoulder is wide to the cenote. In Tulum you have the opportunity to rent a bike, an option chosen by many tourists to visit several nearby points.
On this road that goes from Tulum to Cobá you will find several cenotes near Tulum such as Gran Cenote, Calavera cenote, Canamayte or Zacil-Há. Look out for the signs and enjoy your day among crystal clear waters 💙 Cenote Zacil-Ha is next door, you can walk.
Know the most popular Bike routes from Tulum
CHARACTERISTICS CENOTE CARWASH OR AKTUN HA
The most popular name is cenote Carwash, but many of us know it by cenote Aktun ha. The word ha in Mayan means water, so if you see a name with the ending hYou already know that there is water in that place.
Cenote Carwash or cenote Aktun ha is a beautiful open cenote that gives access to a cave system almost 3 kilometers long. Inside the cave is located "The Chamber of the Ancestors" where evidence of bonfires from 27 years ago have been found at a depth of 10,000 meters. It is a beautiful dive and not difficult at all, highly recommended for beginners diving in cenotes.
The environment of the Carwash cenote and the vegetation is a plus for the bather, it is beautiful. He wears a snorkel mask, it is very entertaining to swim here because of the fauna of several fish and turtles, in addition to the characteristic of vegetation, algae, roots and other aquatic plants.
The carwash cenote is up to 5 meters deep in the open area for bathers: a stalactite can be seen at the bottom. It is an ideal cenote for families because of the wide platform that they have access to the cenote, easy for the family.
For divers it is also an ideal cenote, easy to dive and beautiful. It reaches up to 15 meters deep, in a crystalline greenish color characteristic of the Carwash cenote. A cave makes its way into the depths on one side of the cenote. It is simply wonderful to dive cenotes, do not miss it 👌
WHY IS IT CALLED CENOTE CARWASH
Cenote Carwash is an eye-catching name. Carwash It means car wash, and that is the reason for the name: years ago there was a taxi wash on this road that leads from Tulum to Cobá, hence the name. The laundry room has not been used for years.
CENOTE CARWASH SERVICES, TIMETABLE AND PRICE
- CENOTE CARWASH SCHEDULE: open daily from 8 to 5 in the afternoon.
- CENOTE CARWASH PRICE: 200 foreign pesos / 150 national pesos / 100 Quintana Roo pesos with credential. Divers 250 pesos. INAPAM do not pay.
- CAMERA: if you enter a large water camera it is 150 pesos and a drone 150 pesos as well.
- SERVICES: there are bathrooms and changing rooms. They rent a life jacket for an additional 20 pesos. And lockers for 30 pesos. They do not offer food, take minimal water to keep you well hydrated. There are tables where you can eat what you bring, you cannot enter alcoholic beverages.
- CONTACT CENOTE CARWASH
RECOMENDATIONS TO CONSERVE THE CENOTES
- TAKE A VISOR: if you go to cenotes, always wear a mask or visor to see underwater, I assure you that it gives you a different and beautiful view of the cenotes. In several cenotes they rent the visor, but you can save it if you bring your own, it is even more hygienic.
- COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR: there is access to cenotes where you will walk on land with pebbles, other low stairs sometimes slippery, some you enter the water with a stone. Go with a shoe that fits, if it can get wet better.
- CASH MONEY: most cenotes only accept cash payment.
- PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE SUN: if you go to an open cenote where the sun hits you, I recommend first a water lycra that does not sunscreen, although it is biodegradable, it pollutes the water.
- INSECT REPELLENT: if you are going to stay in the cenote, bring biodegradable repellent, use it after bathing.
- GO THROUGH THE SHOWER / SHOWER: a good shower before entering the cenotes is essential to avoid contaminating them with chemicals from our body, such as creams, deodorants, soaps ...
- THE SWIMSUIT: of course the swimsuit, and also a towel or sarong to dry off, if not like an iguana in the sun. Like a change of clothes to change as you schedule the day.
Cenote Carwash or Aktun HaLOCATION: Cenote Carwash is located at km. 8 of the Tulum-Cobá highway.
HOW TO GO IN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION? There are buses to Cobá that leave from Tulum. It is very easy to get there by taxi and also by bicycle. Remember to take a lot of heat from the heat, and cover yourself from the sun if you ride a bike.
SCHEDULE AND SERVICES: they open from 8 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon daily.
PRICE: 200 foreign pesos / 150 national pesos / 100 Quintana Roo pesos with credential. Divers 250 pesos. INAPAM do not pay.
WHAT TO BRING? Light and light clothing, hat, insect repellent (biodegradable), sunscreen (use it after bathing), closed and comfortable shoes to protect you from insect bites, some water is always good. Swimsuit and a towel or sarong to dry off after bathing. It is a good option to wear a diving mask to better appreciate the place.
THE LAW OF THE GOOD CENOTERO: To avoid contaminating the delicate water of the cenotes, do not use body creams, or protectors, or repellents before entering them. Do not hang from the roots of the trees or touch the stalactites or do any other idiocy that damages the place.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.