In the beautiful colonial city of Valladolid you have the option of renting a bike and getting to know some nearby cenotes and corners of the city at your own pace. Going by bike through Valladolid is a different and fun option to walk around the place.
Valladolid is a highly valued stop among travelers to the Yucatan Peninsula. Its beauty, tranquility and authenticity make it captivate like no other of the colonial cities of Yucatan.
Its close location and ease of transportation to interesting points such as archaeological sites, cenotes and farms make it a delight. Having as base camp the interesting Valladolid is ideal.
Discover what to do in Valladolid
Why cycling in Valladolid?
Valladolid is a city with a quiet village soul, where the visitor is immediately at ease among its streets. For years the idea of renting bicycles has emerged, something that has become popular. In the surroundings of Valladolid there are several interesting visits less than 7 kilometers away, so the bike allows you a magnificent excursion.
There are many possibilities, we recommend an idea to do for free. You can also go with professional premises that offer you much more to know.
Our recommendation for Valladolid bike tours
Rental price bicycles in Valladolid
Prices are around 20 mxn per hour or 100 mxn by all day. They are rented in several downtown locations and hotels. Ask at your lodging.
Valladolid bike tour
Our proposed bike tour is 20 kilometers leaving and arriving at the same point, the Central Park of Valladolid. In you bicycle route You can visit 4 cenotes, two farms and a convent, a fascinating day awaits you:
- HACIENDA SAN LORENZO AND CENOTE OXMAN: to 4 kilometers of the Park you have this Hacienda that protects a wonderful treasure. Take the 39 until you turn left on the 46. From here to the Calzada de los Frailes and you get to Convent of San Bernardino, I recommend you visit it when you return. From the Convent, take Calle 54 and go straight ahead: you will cross the train tracks and follow the dirt road to the sign that indicates the detour to Hacienda San Lorenzo. From the detour you have less than 2 kilometers. Schedules and price: from 9 to 17 hours, if you arrive before you can safely pass. 50 mxn
- DZITNUP CENOTES: The next stop is waiting for you at 7 kilometers. You must go to the dirt road and continue towards the landfill (opposite direction to which you came), which you will recognize by the vultures on the road and the strong smell. You must go out to the main road, where you will turn right Dzitnup. In this population there Two excellent cavern cenotes. There are places to have lunch. Schedules and price: from 8 to 17 hours, 90 mxn.
- HACIENDA JUNGLE MAYA AND CENOTE SAAMAL: a few 2 kilometers back to Valladolid, you have the Hacienda Selva Maya and the amazing Saamal cenote, with artificial waterfall. For me, this cenote is the weakest, so I recommend it for last. Schedules and price: from 9 a.m. to 17 p.m., 50 mxn. It offers a good buffet inside the hacienda.
- SAN BERNARDINO DE SIENA CONVENT: back on the 180 road to Valladolid, take the detour that enters the city for the Convent, is at 4 kilometers. The afternoon is a good time to visit the convent, the last lights are beautiful. Opening hours: from 7 to 20 hours.
Valladolid and its surroundings pedaling is a great opportunity to travel at another pace. Cycling through Valladolid is an opportunity to explore the city at a smooth and leisurely pace.
By bike through Valladolid, townsLOCATION: Valladolid is located in the state of Yucatán. 162 km from Mérida, 158 km from Cancun, 50 km from Chichén Itzá.
HOW TO GET IN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION? In Valladolid there is public transport from Cancun (2 hours), Mérida (2 h), Playa del Carmen (3 h), Tulum (2h).
WHAT TO BRING? Light and light clothing, closed shoes, hat, insect repellent, sunscreen (use them after bathing and shower before entering the cenotes). Swimsuit and a towel or sarong to dry off after bathing. It is a good option to wear a diving mask to better appreciate the cenotes.
THE LAW OF THE GOOD CENOTERO: To avoid contaminating the delicate water of the cenotes, do not use body creams, or protectors, or repellents before entering them. Do not hang from the roots of the trees or touch the stalactites or do any other idiocy that damages the place.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.