The ADO bus company from Riviera Maya offers direct services to the archaeological sites. From Riviera Maya you can visit Chichén Itzá, Cobá and Tulum by public transport.
Riviera Maya is a suitable destination for all types of clients, with all the services you may require. There are Mayan archaeological sites near Riviera Maya that are part of the most requested excursions in the area. Normally the visitor chooses to go on a tour to these places, but there are ways to move freely in Riviera Maya.
There is the possibility of arriving in public transportation from Riviera Maya to archaeological sites de Chichén Itzá, Cobá and Tulum, Returning to your hotel on the same day.
Explore the 5 pyramids of Mexico in most impressive mayan territory
Content of the article
ADO bus company:
ADO (read "a-de-o«) Is the company of trucks (buses) most important that operates in southern Mexico. From the cities of Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum there are transportation services to archaeological zones from Chichen Itza, Tulum and Coba. Puerto Morelos has an ADO stop, but does not provide direct service to the archaeological sites, always having to reach Cancun or Playa del Carmen.
ADO is a company with convenient and timely transportation in its services, I have used it numerous times and without complaints. Remember to take a little jacket for the bus that sometimes the air is very powerful. You can buy your ticket online, but the easiest thing to do is to do it at the company's own branches. You can change or cancel your ticket until 30 minutes before departure.
ADO also offers tour packages to these archeological sites and other destinations, such as Ek Balam from Cancun. They operate as an agency, offering tours combined with cenotes and cultural visits, as excursions from the Mayan Riviera usually do. Toll free from Mexico: 01-800-455-4040
- Cancun: It is located in the center of Cancun, near the Palapas Park, on Calle Pino sin número, between Av Tulum and Av Uxmal. There are other terminals, but this is the one that interests you.
- Carmen beach: Playa del Carmen's main terminal is located on the busy 5th avenue, on the corner of Benito Juárez. The alternate terminal at 20 Av. Nte corner with 12 Norte.
- Tulum: the terminal is located on the main avenue of the city between Jupiter and Alfa streets. It has no loss, the town of Tulum is small.
Scale the 9 Mayan pyramids highest in the Yucatan Peninsula
ADO destinations from Riviera Maya to archaeological sites:
The ADO transport line takes advantage of its usual routes to make courtesy stop in the archaeological zones that remain in their itineraries, as is the case of Chichén Itzá, Cobá and Tulum.
You must show up half an hour before departure at the terminal. You can buy bus tickets on the ADO website, where there are sometimes discounts on early purchases.
Chichén Itzá in ADO:
The bus drops you at the entrance of the ruins, where you buy your ticket to Chichén Itzá. There are restaurants and services at the entrance or in the village of Piste, one kilometer from the ruins. The bus picks you up at the same place it left you.
- From Cancun: It leaves at 8: 45 am from the ADO central terminal, has a 3 hour tour. 268 Mexican pesos each way. Return at 4:30 pm to Cancun.
- From Playa del Carmen: It leaves at 8 am from the central terminal of the ADO, it has a journey of 3:50 hours. 292 Mexican pesos each way. Return at 4:30 pm to Playa del Carmen.
Cobá in ADO:
There is not much public transport that goes to Cobá, do not be late for the bus. The bus drops you 500 meters from the entrance to the ruins, in front of the Cobá lagoon. There are restaurants and services at the entrance and in the town of Cobá. The bus picks you up at the same place it left you. There are interesting cenotes in the area that you may have time to get to know by going to them by taxi from the entrance of Cobá.
- From Playa del Carmen: It leaves at 9 am from the central terminal of the ADO, it has a journey of 2 hours. 126 Mexican pesos each way. Return at 3:10 pm to Playa del Carmen.
- From Tulum: It leaves at 10:10 am from the ADO terminal of the town, it has a journey of 1 hour. 70 Mexican pesos each way. Return at 3:10 pm to Tulum.
Tulum in ADO:
Many ADO buses that leave from Playa del Carmen to Tulum make a courtesy stop at the archaeological zone. From where the bus leaves you, you have 1 kilometer to the entrance to the enclosure (with the possibility of doing the kilometer by tourist train).
You can also reach the archaeological site of Tulum in collective transport or van from Playa del Carmen and Tulum.
- From Playa del Carmen: They leave at 8 am from the central terminal of the ADO, it has a journey of 45 minutes. 62 Mexican pesos each way. Several return from the same point trucks.
- From Tulum: the buses that go to Playa del Carmen from the ADO terminal of the town, they make a courtesy stop at the archaeological zone. 30 Mexican pesos each way. Several return from the same point trucks towards Tulum.
I hope the information is useful, if so, share it with whoever may be interested.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.