The ADO bus company from Riviera Maya offers direct services to the archaeological sites. From Riviera Maya you can visit Chichen Itza, Coba and Tulum by public transport.
Riviera Maya is a destination suitable for all types of customers, with all the services you may require. There are Mayan archeological areas near Riviera Maya that are part of the most requested excursions in the area. Normally the visitor chooses to go on tour to these places, but there are ways to move freely in Riviera Maya.
There is the possibility of arriving in Public transport from the Mayan Riviera to the archaeological zones de Chichén Itzá, Cobá and Tulum, Returning to your hotel on the same day.
Explore the 5 pyramids of Mexico in most impressive mayan territory
Content of the article
ADO bus company:
ADO (read "a-de-o«) Is the company of trucks (buses) most important that operates in southern Mexico. From the cities of Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum there are transportation services to archaeological zones from Chichen Itza, Tulum and Coba. Puerto Morelos has an ADO stop, but does not provide direct service to the archaeological sites, always having to reach Cancun or Playa del Carmen.
ADO is a company with convenient and timely transportation in its services, I have used it numerous times and without complaints. Remember to take a jacket for the bus that sometimes the air is very powerful. You can buy your ticket online, but the easiest thing is to do it at the branches of the company itself. You can change or cancel your ticket until 30 minutes before departure.
ADO also offers tour packages to these archeological sites and other destinations, such as Ek Balam from Cancun. They operate as an agency, offering tours combined with cenotes and cultural visits, as excursions from the Mayan Riviera usually do. Toll free from Mexico: 01-800-455-4040
- Cancun: It is located in the center of Cancun, near the Palapas Park, on Calle Pino sin número, between Av Tulum and Av Uxmal. There are other terminals, but this is the one that interests you.
- Carmen beach: The main terminal of Playa del Carmen is located on the busy 5 avenue, corner with Benito Juárez. The terminal alternates on the 20 Av. Nte corner with 12 North.
- Tulum: The terminal is located on the main avenue of the city between Jupiter and Alfa streets. It has no loss, the town of Tulum is small.
Scale the 9 Mayan pyramids highest in the Yucatan Peninsula
ADO destinations from Riviera Maya to archaeological sites:
The ADO transport line takes advantage of its usual routes to make courtesy stop in the archaeological zones that remain in their itineraries, as is the case with Chichén Itzá, Cobá and Tulum.
You must show up half an hour before departure at the terminal. You can buy bus tickets on the ADO website, where there are sometimes discounts on early purchases.
Chichén Itzá in ADO:
The bus leaves you at the entrance to the ruins, where you buy your ticket to Chichen Itza. There are restaurants and services at the entrance or in the village of Piste, one kilometer from the ruins. The bus picks you up at the same place you left.
- From Cancun: It leaves at 8: 45 am from the ADO central terminal, has a 3 hours tour. 268 Mexican pesos per way. Go back to the 4: 30 pm to Cancun.
- From Playa del Carmen: It leaves at 8 am from the ADO central terminal, it has a 3 route: 50 hours. 292 Mexican pesos per way. Go back to the 4: 30 pm to Playa del Carmen.
Cobá in ADO:
There is not much public transport that goes to Coba, do not be late for the bus. The bus leaves you 500 meters from the entrance to the ruins, in front of the Cobá lagoon. There are restaurants and services at the entrance and in the town of Cobá. The bus picks you up in the same place that left you. There are interesting cenotes in the area that you might have time to meet by approaching them by taxi from the Cobá entrance.
- From Playa del Carmen: leaves at 9 am from the central terminal of the ADO, has a route of 2 hours. 126 Mexican pesos per way. Go back to the 3: 10 pm to Playa del Carmen.
- From Tulum: leaves at 10: 10 am from the ADO terminal of the town, has a route of 1 hour. 70 Mexican pesos per way. Go back to the 3: 10 pm to Tulum.
Tulum in ADO:
Many ADO buses leaving from Playa del Carmen towards Tulum make a courtesy stop in the archeological zone. From where the bus leaves you you have 1 kilometers to the entrance to the enclosure (with the possibility of making the kilometer by tourist train).
You can also reach the archaeological site of Tulum in collective transport or van from Playa del Carmen and Tulum.
- From Playa del Carmen: they leave from the 8 am from the central terminal of the ADO, it has a route of 45 minutes. 62 Mexican pesos per way. They return from the same point several trucks.
- From Tulum: the buses that go to Playa del Carmen From the ADO terminal of the town, they make a courtesy stop in the archaeological zone. 30 Mexican pesos per way. They return from the same point several trucks towards Tulum.
I hope the information is useful, if so, share it with whoever may be interested.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Finance your flight with a signal and the rest pay in comfortable installments before the departure date of the flight with Vuelify.
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with Airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, towers and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.