In the historic center of Mérida there are several free visits that you can enjoy. One of them is the Municipal Palace building, headquarters of the current Mérida town hall, located on one of the streets that overlook the Plaza Grande.
Surely the city Hall be the most insipid visit you can do in the mere Plaza Grande de Mérida. But it does not stop having its surprises and good corners, such as the backyard, the attractive views from the portico and a hall of councils.
Enjoy 5 free visits Mérida
Municipal Palace of Merida
The pink building that we see today was built in 1734, undergoing several reforms that have been modifying it consistently. One of the most remarkable is in 1871 when the first watch in Mérida was placed. The municipal offices were previously near the Government Palace, another of the government buildings to visit.
Once you climb the stairs you can visit the council hall on the second floor, and above all, go out to the portico to enjoy the views of the Plaza Grande. It is one of the good reasons to climb some stairs, the palatial views from the beautiful portico.
Municipal Palace Hours
At the back of the building, going down the stairs again, you arrive at a hidden patio, in those corners where you feel like reading, in what is known as Plaza de los potas. I hope you enjoy your visit.
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday from 8 to 20h. Saturdays from 9 to 13h.
- Offers on flights international and national ..
- Find the accommodation with the best offers from Booking.com.
- Stay with airbnb and get 25 € discount.
- Contract activities, tours and excursions organized.
- Rent a car with the indispensable and necessary best discounts.
- Secure your transfers of arrival or departure to the airport.
- Travel safely with IATI and take advantage of 5% off.
If you prefer, you tell us your idea of the trip and together we organize it.